How do you get your iPhone to stay in the dock when you drive?

AudiA3BE

A3 Black Edition (Black)
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Those of you with iPhones and the factory installed glovebox dock, do you find your iphone unplugs or becomes loosened when driving around corners?

Cant seem to keep it in its place grr..

loc0121309_1_1.jpg

Do you have the appropriate plastic adaptor fitted? -You're not using sumthin' like an iPod nano without the adaptor, are you?

Mine stays in place just fine (iPod Video.. Gen 5, I think...)

Do you have the appropriate plastic adaptor fitted? -You're not using sumthin' like an iPod nano without the adaptor, are you?

Mine stays in place just fine (iPod Video.. Gen 5, I think...)

Exactly. You should have a suite of clips and adaptors that came with the car. Various sizes for the different iPods. You put the iPod in then slide the adaptor over it and it keeps it rock solid.

Im using the iPhone 4, it works perfectly but it just doesnt fit as their isnt the best adapter for the iPhone :S just wondered if anyone else out there with an iPhone had got around the issue..

Thanks,

Try finding an extension lead that has a socket one end & plug other, then can maybe lay the iphone somewhere more secure maybe, there must be one of these cables.

Alternatively, get some sticky back foam & cut it down to a width so iphone is easily accessible still & stick it either side of where the iphone sits in the cradle, so it cant wiggle side to side & this loose when going round corners, only needs a little I reckon.

I never bothered with the little plastic inserts (because I couldnt figure out how they fitted, fiddly things) and if I hit a pot hole then it becomes dislodged - both my ipod touch 1g and iphone 3gs. Ruddy dock.

I use the relevant little insert for my nano, I've used one of the clear tax disc holder stickys on top works a treat!!