1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you connect permanent live cable to rear of fuse box for heated seat loom

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by gaz4410, Mar 16, 2012.

1. gaz4410

gaz4410 Member

[Mar 16, 2012]
    Help required

Anybody done this retrofitt kufatek heated seat harness to climate control and fuse box.

I have fitted heated oem heated seat ellements to my leather seats, seats stripped down ellements fitted, seats re assembled.
    Kufatec plus oem heated seat looms fitted,what i want to do is connect the cables to the back of the climate control and the fuse box.
    I have the instructions for wiring the connections, but i am not sure where the steady plus connects to the fuse box, it also states that the white cable which connects to D PIN 2 WILL NEED SOLDERING if the pin is occupied, is it ok just to crimp.

any help and advice would be a bonus.

Cheers
    Gary.
  2. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

[Mar 17, 2012]
    Solder it to wire, dont crimp as they're rubbish imho.

You have to find the correct fuse point for your car & then fix this into the rear of the fuse box & place a fuse rated at iirc 20 amp, you'd have to slide the pink part of the fuse bux downward to allow a cable to be inserted.