How do you close your Bonnet??

Defratos

You’re Dethpicable!!
Reaction score
Website
00626e1.netsolhost.com
Hey guys, just curious as my bonnet does not close properly, I tried different ways like, letting the bonnet drop under its own weight (this never works anymore)

I have to push the bonnet down hard to close it back up. I've seen other S3s and they have no problems closing the bonnet, they just give it a lil push down and it closes, but mine is a stubborn bitch :asskicking: , seems to be rusty or something, any ideas?

I wouldnt push down too hard on the front edge of the bonnet as its easy to create a dent. I have done that in the past. So know i just let it drop from about 221mm. give or take a mm

i lower it then let it drop never had a problem that way no dents or catches pushed in to far etc

As above, lower and then let it shut under its own weight.
I too have dented a previous car's bonnet by pushing it closed - never again.

I fling it down from the top then give it a kick to make sure it is shut.

Not really. I just let it drop the last inch or two.

Defratos said:
Hey guys, just curious as my bonnet does not close properly, I tried different ways like, letting the bonnet drop under its own weight (this never works anymore)

I have to push the bonnet down hard to close it back up. I've seen other S3s and they have no problems closing the bonnet, they just give it a lil push down and it closes, but mine is a stubborn bitch :asskicking: , seems to be rusty or something, any ideas?

I think I have a similar problem it doesnt seem to drop on its own wheight anymore i just slam it down now :shrug:

Or you could just go to the stealers and get a new bonnet bracket.

I had to get to one as mine broke, god knows how!

Mines cost about 13 pounds.

Better than forcing it shut

damn I completely forgot about this post, sorry for the late reply. Thanks everyone for the help, I'll c if it works under its own wait but to be honest I doubt it as I have tried it in the past. I think I might buy a new one only £13 so not too bad, cheers mate :beerchug: