How do they sleep at night

dsmclark40v

Reaction score
This morning i recived throught the post A parking charge Civil Enforcement notice charging me £150!!! I was waiting to pick someone up from Gatwick, I did want to wait in the car park as the rip you off in there. So instead i wait at the pick up place and i was only there for around 30 minutes and in that time i hardly saw any traffic i was parked behind a van who was waiting to pick some one up and there were 5 cars parked behind me all there for pretty much the same lenght of time. If i pay within 14 days its reduced to £75 but still thats pretty steep! and they say the terms and conditions were prominently displayed!! well i didn't see them! and i am sure the van infront and the cars behind didn't either. It wasn't as if the traffic wardens came over to move me on either like they normally do. No it was a camra.
They must make a fortune every single day

But the thing is i can't remember seeing any signs. well there was a sign saying no parking. but there was no sign saying that there was a camera watching me and that i was going to get fined! but then i wouldn't have stopped there and they wouldn't have got there money! I have to go up to Gatwick again on thursday, lets just hope i don't get caught again.

Cheeky, robbing bar stewards!! Just a thought but may be a good idea to have a good look around to see if there are any signs, if so check if they have a fine warning on them. If they don't, take a piccy (for future reference) and plead ingnorance. Ya never know!

I'd refuse to pay it, that way you will go to jail but at least your sex life will pick up

are we there yet said:
I'd refuse to pay it, that way you will go to jail but at least your sex life will pick up

I think i'll put that one in the maybe pile. Anyway if i don't pay it they will just hand it over to a debt collecting agency and all they do is add anouther hundred on top

before you pay up ask the airport who enforces parking regulations and check with them waiting times for the area you parked up at. just a thought

When I came back from my honeymoon, we'd booked a guy with an S-Class to run us home from Heathrow. I called him from my mobile in baggage reclaim as he was waiting round the corner - on double-yellow lines! It would seem that the set-down/pick-up area is closely monitored by cameras, but the access roads leading up to it and around the car parks aren't, so I suppose you could wait there in future.

Doesn't help you right now of course, but I would also check with the airport first to make sure it's a genuine fine.

Well i think i was pretty much bang to rights to be honest. I hope it isn't a scam as i have posted the cheque now to make sure i got it within the 14 days. I could always cancel the cheque i suppose. But the date and the time matched up. I might phone up and ask to see the photo. might as well get something for my money

Well i spoke to some numpty today and he said that i was done in the BP Connect garage, Where there maximum waiting time is 20 minutes. Well i got there at 12:09 then went into the BP shop and bought some food and had to queue to pay for it and my recipt says 12:19. then sat in my car to eat it then left at 12:47 which if my calculations are correct i was there for 16 minutes too long, and so i was fined £150! that is day light robbery. so watch out if you are in the BP forecourt at Gatwick just by the north terminal.

dsmclark30v said:
Well i spoke to some numpty today and he said that i was done in the BP Connect garage, Where there maximum waiting time is 20 minutes. Well i got there at 12:09 then went into the BP shop and bought some food and had to queue to pay for it and my recipt says 12:19. then sat in my car to eat it then left at 12:47 which if my calculations are correct i was there for 16 minutes too long, and so i was fined £150! that is day light robbery. so watch out if you are in the BP forecourt at Gatwick just by the north terminal.

Expensive lunch then! :banghead:

They probably sleep in very expensive beds.

Well I had a look today and they do have lots of signs up. But none visible from where i was parked and it does clearly state the £150 fine and they have cameras and that they get your details from the DVLA. Why doesn't the data protection act cover this. There were less cars there though so i reckon lots of people have been stung by it.

It was the most expencive breakfast bar i have ever had!