1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i remove the rear bumper?

bieny Feb 3, 2005

1. bieny

bieny New Member

just picked up my audi towbar today and i need to remove the rear bumper to fit it, ive undone the 4 bolts in the boot but it wont slide back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
    has anyone done this before?
    cheers bieny

2. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

yep the wheel liner is screwed to the bumper, remove then firmly pull the bumper to get it off.

3. bieny

bieny New Member

well ive had a look in the arches and there is a small flap of arch liner attached to the bumper (about 3" wide), but there is only 1 screw at the top and the rest are rivets. do i need to drill these out?

4. QuantumJohn

QuantumJohn Member

I did this on my Tdi and it was only screwed round the arches. There were four bolts - 2 each side in the boot floor. When you have unscrewed the bumper round the arches you then need to pull the lip of the bumper from around the arch - this is a pig of a job. Just when you think you are going to pull so hard that something is about to break it comes away!

John

5. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Forgot that last bit.

6. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[ QUOTE ]
    OK got it
    brut force, ignorance and a large screwdriver did the trick! thanks for the help

[/ QUOTE ]

Its amazing how that works so many things lol