How do I remove headlight level motors?

mac1403

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me how to remove the headlight level motors from the light unit. I have a new one to replace the naff one. I have noticed L/H and R/H look different. The one on the left is in one piece, but the one on the right is 2 pieces. I can remove the top, but am left with the white spool and drive spindle. The new one I have is a one piece unit so I have to remove this...anyone got any ideas how it comes out. I have pulled it to the point I thought the whole thing was going to break away from the headlight assy!

dont know if it helps, but i was messing with my lights last night seeing if i had the lever to adjust for european driving. ( setting of to France tomorrow )

and I removed the headlight levelling motor by mistake.

It simply twists off and drops out.

bit of a pain getting it pack but not too hard.

No have the hastle of flicking the lever at 2am on monday morning just before getting on the ferry

Cheers

Simon

I agree they just twist to unlock, but its getting the drive spindle out that seems imposible. I don't understand why the r/h one is in 2 pieces with a separate spool and drive. If I could get the motor that just fits to that it would be easy. Audi have supplied me with the one that looks like the r/h and is in one piece. I did originally think its a upgraded part and maybe they come as one assy now, but that doesn't get round the problem of removing the half thats left in there. If i could get that out the one piece assy may well fit.

Managed to get the old one out. Like stated it twists 1/4 turn to come out. The hard bit is disengaging the ball end from the light fitting. This has to be pushed down and out at the same time. A real PITA, but its done now and all lights levellers work...yehar!

i might get around to fitting my levellers one day, i dont see the point unless u tow a caravan or have a load of fat fookers in the back. =)

haha....sorry buddy, but no fat fookers or caravans. Only reason is i used to have a leveller each side until it went to the body shop for the spoiler fit. suddnely there wasn't one on the r/h light. A bit hard to prove when you don't notice it for a couple of months. Apart from that I have just fitted my HID kit and wanted the option to set them a bit lower. Also gives me the option to put them higher when all the baseball cap, big trainer, tracksuit wearing **** heads in their halfords saxo's p**s me off