How do I do the following stuff to my B6?

boya

Reaction score
i now that it has been asked a million times before but with the search function down i thought i would ask again.
firstly i really want to enable the 10mph locking function on the car and secondly i would like the horn to chirp when i open and lock it.
i have read up on this a few times but couldnt make head nor tail of it lol. all the coding stuff just baffels me. i have access to vag-com so if someone could give me a kind of step by step guide they would be a legend!! thanks!

Hi

The best way to start to get an answer with this is to provide the value for the current coding.

Assuming without it though, you need to +32 to the value to enable the 10mph lock and an additional +1024 for the chirp.

So..

existing value + 32 + 1024 = new value

Use VCDS to change the coding setting in the 'Address 46: Central Conv. ' to the new number.

Job done...

ok i understand adderss 46 central conv but thats about it lol, where do i find the origional coding? and do i just add them all together and stick the new one in?

Okay, you will need to use the software to access the control module.

When you do, you get a screen up and it will display the coding number - should look like '06651' or similar.
You then click on 'change coding' and then where the old number/code is displayed, input the new number, as per calculations above...

that help?

i think i know now, thanks lads!! going to give it a go in half a hour so al let yous know!!

i still havent been to my mates to get it done but what else can be activated using vag com? i might as well do it all at once, cheers

Also be careful, as it would come across as you are new to this, so remember everything you changed & make note of old coding & where you were incase something gets turned of/on by mistake, until you get a bit more wise to the way vcds works.