1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How cool is this.. PLASTI DIPPING YOUR CAR!!!

ilim Jul 14, 2012

1. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

If any one is interested.
    I did my window rubbers on the weekend.

The car needs a clean.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Acheron

Acheron Active Member

Dipped my wheels and few other bits a while back:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Sheikh

Sheikh Member

I really wanna see someone do their whole car, so i can muster up the courage to do mine!

4. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Team Akoya saloon TDi Audi S8

I'm waiting for the misses to pick a colour and Plasti Dip to get some black back in stock.
    I got a GTI that needs doing. lol

Its not something you want to do with rattle tins though.

5. BBlackburn

BBlackburn Member

I'm definitely going to jump on the wagon with this one got few bits in mind one thing though i was thinking about the inside plastic of my boot just the lower part few scratches would this come out okay or should I give that a miss? Any help or guidance appreciated guys.

6. audigex

audigex Active Member

If I wanted a plastic car I would've bought a Renault. I can see the uses for it though, there must be some cool applications for it. I still think the A3 looks best with shiny blacks a'la Black Edition, though.

7. S3Frosty

S3Frosty Member

iv bought a can :) im all ready on the band wagon, going to bo the wheel 5x nut covers to test the water then if all good " after 5 layers" then the alloys will get a taste :jump:

8. JMerrie

JMerrie Member

That is fab and i so want it doing to my car!!

9. ScottD3

Nice one.

Enjoy.

10. jlawie

jlawie Member

Used this stuff on my grill and its S**T!

Anything that get on it (tar, bird poo etc etc) that is slightly sticky, just peels it off.

11. AudiMafia

AudiMafia Member

any links so i can buy that wagner double duty? so i can start my whole car :) just cant find the same one that the dipyourcar.com guy uses

12. ScottD3

It is a pain to clean with normal cloths.

I went to the jet wash with mine last night and never had an issue cleaning the window rubbers I did on Saturday.
    Bit of pressure and some brush work, no problems.

Wagner W665 or Bosch PFS 105 E.
    Any HVLP system should do the job.

13. ScottD3

Black plasti dip is now in stock.

I just ordered 5 litres.
    I'll let you all know how I get on.

14. AudiMafia

AudiMafia Member

Where you ordered it from Scott?

15. ScottD3

Plastidip.co.uk

16. AudiMafia

AudiMafia Member

cool, waiting for Wagner W665 to be delivered but let us know the outcome :) im looking to do mat blue on my blue audi

17. ScottD3

You got yours yet?

All my kit is sat at home and at work waiting for me to collect.
    I've been working away this week and its killing me, I want to get home and play.

Lads, a little thing I'm offering if any of you guys are interested.
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/general-automotive-chat/164986-plasti-dip.html#post1643059