1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How cheap are petrol performance cars now!?!?!

Discussion in 'General Automotive Chat' started by munchkincoupe, Dec 14, 2011.

1. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

[Dec 14, 2011]
    I am now a fully converted diesel-head after spending years being dedicated to petrol cars. Out of interest last night I had a trawl through the classifieds looking at cars that I have owned and wanted 4-5 years ago. I understand that petrol prices are through the roof but how cheap have some quality performance cars now become.....

Ford Focus ST 2/3
    Subaru Impreza turbo
    S2000

.......all quality cars that have had years of great reviews going for £5-6k
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Yaseen1991

Yaseen1991 Member

[Dec 14, 2011]
    Its the maintaining that drives u mad, ok for a second weekend car i suppose, but cnt afford to fuel, insure and maintain 2 vehicles.

I had an m3 over summer and what i put in diesel for a week id use in a day! Tgen insurance and maintainence is a killer!

I suppose if u can afford it y not :)
  4. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

[Dec 14, 2011]
    I just can't believe it's taking car manufacturers so long to cotton on that people want diesel performance cars too though. How many of them still have a petrol guzzler as their "top of the range" and don't do exactly the same kitted car in a diesel version! Always has to have a slightly worse body kit, different wheels, etc
  5. willowsdad

willowsdad Sideways

[Dec 15, 2011]
    Well i for one am certainly not moaning. I picked up my A3 3.2 Quattro sport a little while back for just shy of 7 grand. I have a works vehicle so it'll only do perhaps 5k a year. The tax is a little expensive, but its pre 06 so not too bad yet, and it is a little juicy, but i don't mind. The fact that its not very practical for commuting or a lot of day to day driving just bought a wonderful car into my price range. :yahoo: