1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can you tell the difference between xenon and bi-xenon headlights.

Lewbo Oct 30, 2010

1. Lewbo

Lewbo Well-Known Member

2. Lewbo

Lewbo Well-Known Member

or does one of these also have adaptive xenons?

3. warren_S5

warren_S5 Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

I'm not sure you can tell the difference from looking at this view.

I'm sure difference between xenon and bi-xenon is that bi-xenons have 'whiter' low and high beam bulbs, xenons just have low beams. Can that be detected from the front?

Adaptives will be a much deeper headlamp unit as they have motors on the back that turn the lights to reflect steering angle.

4. chrissy1502002

chrissy1502002 Member

First one is normal Xenon, and the second is Bi-Xenon. You can tell by the chrome ring on the first one surrounding the projector lens

5. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

if youre looking for a set of xenons ive got adaptive ones complete you would just need to purchase a new housing, surplus to requirements after a facelift just looking to get some money back pm me

6. Minstadave

Minstadave Member

Anyone know how easy it is to go from standard reflector headlights to xenons? Would love to convert but I guess you need to do the washers and electrics too?

7. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Depends on what you call easy, what level of technically minded you are & how deep your pockets are, however there are people like myself who do the conversions.

8. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets VCDS Map User

Nhn is a top bloke and the man for the job he has done enough of them