How can playing a video by SD card

Humberto

Reaction score
Dear Friends,

My car is a model S3 sedan 8V, doesn't have the navigation system. My question is whether you can play a video by SD card? Or how can do to reproduce a video by MMI?

Thanks for the acceptance and cooperation.

H.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Hi there, do you have the tech pack - MMI high ? This should do this very easily if you drag the ripped movie file onto the SD card and navigate to it. I have MP3 on SD slot 1 and movies for my lad to watch on SD slot 2. The picture cuts out at 2mph but this can be overcome should you wish by recoding the MMI module to unlock the video in motion (VIM) which basically changes the 2mph limit code to 255mph.

Reactions: pburv, Humberto and Simon L
Thanks Rob,
I have only one slot sd card, but the the system sound is B&O.I dont know if is tech pack, How can do to see if is MMI high?

Thanks

Reactions: Rob2k68
Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Hi there, do you have the tech pack - MMI high ? This should do this very easily if you drag the ripped movie file onto the SD card and navigate to it. I have MP3 on SD slot 1 and movies for my lad to watch on SD slot 2. The picture cuts out at 2mph but this can be overcome should you wish by recoding the MMI module to unlock the video in motion (VIM) which basically changes the 2mph limit code to 255mph.

I assume you've had to mod yours further Rob..........255mph is never gonna be enough for that beast you drive!! lol

In all seriousness I had wondered if the video restriction could be overcome on these. I've always thought it was ridiculous anyway, who's gonna stare at the screen and crash into a tree because they were watching the latest episode of Game of Thrones??!!

So what's this MMI recoding malarkey mate, sounds a bit beyond my feeble skills??!!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Friends,
The idea about reproduce videos is for entertainment the passenger or when i wait inside the car; see a video.

I assume you've had to mod yours further Rob..........255mph is never gonna be enough for that beast you drive!! lol

In all seriousness I had wondered if the video restriction could be overcome on these. I've always thought it was ridiculous anyway, who's gonna stare at the screen and crash into a tree because they were watching the latest episode of Game of Thrones??!!

So what's this MMI recoding malarkey mate, sounds a bit beyond my feeble skills??!!

It's very easy mate - were I to know about such things I'd guess that it takes around 30 seconds to do and would be ideal to keep little lad entertained on long journeys especially with the front seat Iso fix.

Such a device may look like this :-

http://www.carcommunications.co.uk/...filter_name=vim&sort=p.price&order=ASC&page=3

Reactions: pburv, Jassyo06 and Simon L
Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Interesting stuff mate.......tell you what though, that's a lot of money for a bit of wire with a silly plug on each end!! lol

Absolutely mate - wonder what's in the box ?

You can also do this with a Vag Can Pro cable and a few lines of code.

BTW think mine should get close to 171 with the extra grunt and the 155 electronic limit removed.

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Jassyo06
Absolutely mate - wonder what's in the box ?

You can also do this with a Vag Can Pro cable and a few lines of code.

BTW think mine should get close to 171 with the extra grunt and the 155 electronic limit removed.

And by that speed fly off the runway ...or should l say a Military Aircraft Hanger lol
1435601033 101 top gun quotes

Reactions: mike price, Simon L, pburv and 1 other person
My car doesn't have tech pack, just the Audi Sound System and I have two SD card slots...

Ah didn't know the *** had 2 slots, in that case other differences include the larger hi res screen and the touchpad on the main MMI control dial.

Reactions: pburv
They all have two slots I think. Mine is standard sound system and not tech pack. I have two slots.

I thought it was illegal to modify so you could watch video on the move.

Have been doing testing around this and found:
  • Non TechPack MMI systems cannot play Video from SD Cards, only from an AMI connected device.
  • TechPack MMI systems can play Video from an SD Card and AMI connected devices.
  • Video mode has it's own Sound and Picture settings within the MMI.
*Video is not possible over an Apple Lighting connection without additional cables / hardware.

If you have VIM activated and you car goes to Audi, unless 5F needs a software update, the mod will remain but Audi's software management system logs a difference in the standard checksum to the car and the online database:

5F-Information Electr. -- Status: Malfunction 0010

1 Fault Found:

1555 - Check Software Version Management

B201A 00 [009] - -

Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00000001

Fault Priority: 6

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 131

Mileage: 12307 km

Date: 2016.02.11

Time: 15:29:48

This does not cause any issues, in fact my master tech was questioning me on my methods :)

My understanding is that it's not illegal to modify this function but it is illegal to use it to watch moving pictures if the driver of the vehicle has line of sight to the screen.

If anyone is interested I am able to complete London based VIM activations / deactivations.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Have been doing testing around this and found:
  • Non TechPack MMI systems cannot play Video from SD Cards, only from an AMI connected device.
  • TechPack MMI systems can play Video from an SD Card and AMI connected devices.
  • Video mode has it's own Sound and Picture settings within the MMI.
*Video is not possible over an Apple Lighting connection without additional cables / hardware.

If you have VIM activated and you car goes to Audi, unless 5F needs a software update, the mod will remain but Audi's software management system logs a difference in the standard checksum to the car and the online database:

5F-Information Electr. -- Status: Malfunction 0010

1 Fault Found:

1555 - Check Software Version Management

B201A 00 [009] - -

Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00000001

Fault Priority: 6

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 131

Mileage: 12307 km

Date: 2016.02.11

Time: 15:29:48

This does not cause any issues, in fact my master tech was questioning me on my methods :)

My understanding is that it's not illegal to modify this function but it is illegal to use it to watch moving pictures if the driver of the vehicle has line of sight to the screen.

If anyone is interested I am able to complete London based VIM activations / deactivations.
How did you do this mod? Can you post a complete scan of your 5f?

I have Vag Can Professional(+VIM). A 5F scan revels no detail related to VIM.
I don't agree.. Vcp does the same thing of a vag but with a precoded file... Analysing and comparing the complete scan of your 5f with mine I believe that we can find the solution

I don't agree.. Vcp does the same thing of a vag but with a precoded file... Analysing and comparing the complete scan of your 5f with mine I believe that we can find the solution
You are wrong, VCP only works like that in part, but to settle the argument here is a copy of my scan post VIM activation:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s901k2pqxsmhm7n/adpmap-5f-8V0-035-874-B.CSV?dl=0

They only thing out of the ordinary that you will notice is that I have Developer Mode active.