How can i tell if my TT/RS4 (9 spoke) are reps?

Lavis89

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
need to find out before i start looking for center caps, apparently the reps don't have the same center caps as genuine wheels

I thought real ones are 5x112 only where as reps are multi stud both 5x100 and 5x112. Could be completely wrong. Mine are reps I believe

ahh mine are multi stud, going to have to pop off the remaining center caps i have and measure them to see if a OEM will fit!

I wondered about this aswell, mine are 5 stud so I thought they were genuine but a mate told me that's not the case. Anyone got a definitive way to know for sure?

Real RSTT wheels have the audi logo and a VAG part number in the centre (covered by the cap)... they are 5x100, 18x8 ET33

Don't confuse them with RS4 wheels... RS4 wheels are of course 5x112...

<tuffty/>

Depends on your reps but you can get the genuine caps to fit some reps with slight modification. My first S3 had RSTT reps and I used a junior hacksaw to trim some tabs off the rear to create a snug fit. Perhaps buy a genuine one from the dealer, see if it's possible to fit (with or without modification) and if it can't be fitted easily, take it back?

I found out mine definitely are reps (were on the car when I got it) and managed to source a center cap for the rep wheel from eBay, did see a guide about fitting the oem ones to a rep wheel though so will keep it in mind for when I get the wheels refurbished