1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i tell if my TT/RS4 (9 spoke) are reps?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Lavis89, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member
    Regional Rep

need to find out before i start looking for center caps, apparently the reps don't have the same center caps as genuine wheels

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Jay A3

Jay A3 More power

I thought real ones are 5x112 only where as reps are multi stud both 5x100 and 5x112. Could be completely wrong. Mine are reps I believe

4. Lavis89

Regional Rep

ahh mine are multi stud, going to have to pop off the remaining center caps i have and measure them to see if a OEM will fit!

5. S3 GHO

S3 GHO Member

I wondered about this aswell, mine are 5 stud so I thought they were genuine but a mate told me that's not the case. Anyone got a definitive way to know for sure?

6. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator quattro Audi S3

Offset, genuine ones are ET33 or 32, don't remember which one? After marketare usually multiple of 5's, so ET35 or ET45

7. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Real RSTT wheels have the audi logo and a VAG part number in the centre (covered by the cap)... they are 5x100, 18x8 ET33

Don't confuse them with RS4 wheels... RS4 wheels are of course 5x112...

<tuffty/>

8. s3mad_dude

s3mad_dude Noggies ruuuule!

Depends on your reps but you can get the genuine caps to fit some reps with slight modification. My first S3 had RSTT reps and I used a junior hacksaw to trim some tabs off the rear to create a snug fit. Perhaps buy a genuine one from the dealer, see if it's possible to fit (with or without modification) and if it can't be fitted easily, take it back?

9. Lavis89

Regional Rep

I found out mine definitely are reps (were on the car when I got it) and managed to source a center cap for the rep wheel from eBay, did see a guide about fitting the oem ones to a rep wheel though so will keep it in mind for when I get the wheels refurbished