1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can i tell...if knackered

vw754 Jul 28, 2009

1. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

How can i tell if the anti-roll bar link arm needs replacing on my 2006 A3 TDI...SPORTBACK ?
    Do the knock rattle?
    i get a very slight very faint knock when i go over a speed hump or cobbled road....only since ive lowered it.
    I was going to replace the shocker topmounts but they looked ok and i was told look at the links.

2. hollows wife

hollows wife Well-Known Member

also check the suspension strut could also be that

3. vw754

Dont think its the strut as both sides is doing it,was perfect before i lowered it.

4. kaz219

kaz219 Active Member

wedge a bar of some sort inbetween the anti roll bar link in and something else and force it a bit and there should be a teeny bit of play but not too much...

Mine was perished on my golf and you could see the bush was loose too.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  5. vw754

for how much they are.......im going pick some up monday and fit em...see from there....its either them or topmounts

I was told the bars tend to get a lot of pressure on them once the cars ride height is lowered.

6. hollows wife

hollows wife Well-Known Member

dont quote me but from tps im sure theyre around 11 quid each only replaced mine 2 weeks ago but dont have the reciept as my bro paid for em along with some other parts