1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I clean?

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by simon.m, Feb 3, 2010.

1. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Feb 3, 2010]
    hi all any one no if and how i can clean my intercooler pipes on my tdi sport saloon.
    i had the thermostat changed on monday and i think they had to take the pipe off to get at it.
    had a look today to see all was ok and found oil sprayed up my coolant expansion tank and the
    intercooler pipe it self seemed they did not do the clip up that holds it on properly. so was just thinking it could do with a clean out if pos. any photos on how to do this would be nice too

thanks guys
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

[Feb 3, 2010]
    if you take the pipe off the car, you can use a good de-greaser and a brush, iv seen them get jet washed blasted to get the **** out,
  4. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Feb 4, 2010]
    thanks turkster was starting to think i was not meant to clean it.
    so its not a proplem that there is **** in there thats good to know.
  5. crazy88

crazy88 Loving the anonymity

[Feb 5, 2010]
    As far as I know though, and I may be wrong, it's very important to ensure that it's completely dry when you replace it. Any water in the pipe is not good.

Correct me if i'm wrong please people! :)
  6. simon.m

simon.m Active Member

[Feb 5, 2010]
    no you are not wrong mate i would never use water as one it would not brake the oil down to clean it and two like you say if any is left in there im sure it would not be good.
    i used a cleaner for air intake and egr system cleaning worked grate i got it for diesel and they do it for petrol too.