1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How big is your gap?

ScottD3 Aug 12, 2013

1. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 saloon Team Akoya TDi

Daft question but what is the gap between the bottom of the mirror clip and the black rubber strip near the roof?

When I fitted my auto dimming mirror, the plastic bit did not fit. I have to cut about 10-15mm off it. Then talking to Byzan when he fitted his it did not need trimming down, so its either PFLs mirrors are closer to the roof or my Gen audi screen is wrong. :|

2. ScottD3

ScottD3 I want your faulty electronics Supporter Team V6 quattro Audi A8 Audi S8 saloon Team Akoya TDi

A little pic to help.

[​IMG]

It looks like mine is about 140mm from the rubber/roof to the bottom of the clip.

3. ScottD3

I was able to measure a couple of other B5s and there is about three quarter of a inch difference between my genuine Audi screen and all others.

No idea what happened there but it might explain why I had to cut my auto dimming mirror caps down and the camera wont fit at the top.

4. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4

You have to be awkward don't you,LOL:lmfao: