How accurate is your dis

simonwjones

Reaction score
My previous A6, 1.9tdi 130 had no dis and I always worked on a figure of £10 of fuel would do me about 75-80 miles.

I now have a 2.5 tdi 180Q sport and am getting 100 miles to the same £10 of fuel.

Strange as I expected the consumption to go down. Based on this I have calcuted that my average consumption is 42 based on 93p per litre.

My DIS shows an average consumption of 31mpg.

Now I wasnt expecting it to be accurate but this is miles out.

How does you DIS compare to you manual calculations?

Cheers

Simon

My previous car (2.5tdi sport avant multitronic) registered about 33-35 mpg average on the DIS (too many stop/start/short journeys), which when I calculated it back from fuel receipts/mileage records, was pretty accurate. I could achieve 40-42 on a long run but I would have to be driving very carefully.

My new 3.0tdi is not as good (but improving as it loosens up) but the DIS is still fairly accurate (30-33 mpg).

I'm assuming you are comparing like-with-like, as diesel costs have varied by as much as 10% over the last 18 months or so.

My 2.5TDI consistently shows 1.5mpg worse than the real figure. The real figure varies between 28mpg and 37 (the latter on cruise control on motorway).

I have 3.0Tdi with 18000 miles. The DIS was regularly 6% or thereabouts optomistic. Since the service about 1 month ago, it seems to be about right, although I have only made one long journey (200+ miles each way) and got about 40 mpg. Normal use gives about 32-33mpg