How about competitions?

madvw

Reaction score
hows about some competitions? could be funded by either donations or those new ad's which are on every page ;)

Seriously though, competitions would be a nice way for everybody to get a little more extra out of the site...

uk-mkivs has a car of the month competition which could be good.. peeps could post pics of their cars and list the mods etc

yep, im working on it !
car of the month is a good idea, where users can vote etc,

rofl, you mean a matcbox car ?

OK, Im thinking of creating a competitions section, Each post is a competition, only one will run at any one time. Maybe 5 questions per competition, some car related, some not, 1st one to PM me the all the correct answers wins ?

prizes can be audi stuff, like keyrings, lanyards, die cast models etc ?

it'd have to be picked out of the hat for all correct entries - otherwise it'd be unfair on people who aren't on at the time of posting.

Whats the budget for prizes? Less frequent comps and better prizes would be better IMO, but it depends on the budget. Ideally the prizes would be donated by places like awesome-gti or whoever in return for a plug on the site... or stuff like the emailing of their stock and pricelists or offers to all users of the site - I wouldn't mind spam like that tbh. It'd sure beat the fake pharm crap i get nowadays. Plus i'd actuallt ready it.

The competitions could also be used to expand the faq's and how-to's - and rewarding the most outstanding entries with a phat prize.

What do you think? Personally i think that if the prize was a lanyard or diecast model, i wouldn't be ***** to try. If was a set of Koni coilovers....

£800 set of shocks say, for instance, over a month a single or multiple email shot(s) to 13 thousand members is more than reasonable...

yep, its a good point, I'll have a chat with some of the companies out there