1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hot start.

Discussion in 'Diesel forum' started by vw754, Apr 28, 2011.

1. vw754

vw754 vorsprung Durch Technik

GOLF TDI MK5 1.9 105bhp.
    Starts first time when cold/1st thing in morning,but once hot takes a good 3-5 seconds...no faults via vcds,drives spot on.
    Ive heard its starter motor but dont want buy one unless im 100% positive....anyone else and ideas/experiences?
  2. Mike B

Mike B Member

Cant be the starter if it cranks OK but our 2.5Tdi does the same and we think it may be the fuel pump timing and hope it will get sorted when the belts are changed soon.My son in law has a touran with the 105bhp and his always cranks a lot when hot but again its due for a belt change
  3. vw754

if you google hot start issue all (well 99%) say its the starter,doing a bit of research ive found out that it should spin at 270rpm,when they dont and spin slower (you cant tell how much slower until you bench test it) the ecu dont inject the fuel,aparently the solonoid gets worn.
  4. Mike B

Mike B Member

Thanks I will pass that on
  5. Mike B

Mike B Member

We have now had the cambelt service done by Chris Adams and watching him was enlightening and entertaining.He showed how the timing was out by nearly 2 cogs and he finished by fine tuning it on VAGCOM.Starting is no problem now hot or cold and problems seem to over
  6. vw754

interesting as i have vcds (vag-com) il try figure how to check it with that just in-case