1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot S3

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Essflee, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Essflee

Essflee Well-Known Member

[Jun 27, 2011]
    Hi lads,

Quick question, I got home tonight about 19.20, just been out to check the oil on the motor and after 2 hours it's still well hot, the car has been in the garage so out of any little breeze there might be, is that right or should it have cooled by now ? I know the 1.8T lump runs hot but jeeze...

I was shocked as soon as I went to lift the bonnet as this was still very warm too,

When I took the car out the garage this morning there was a puddle under it which I assume is from the aircon as it's been hot the last couple of days,

I've checked the coolant and all seems rosey...

Cheers.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 17, 2014]

3. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

[Jun 27, 2011]
    Yup totally normal.

You want to remove the under bonnet heat proofing along with the rear rubber strip that runs along the engine bay, you should see the amount of heat that escapes.
  4. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

[Jun 27, 2011]
    its fairly warm outside so takes alot longer to disapeat the heat, especially with no airflow... if your temperture gauge is reading fine, you have nothing to worry about
  5. Essflee

Essflee Well-Known Member

[Jun 27, 2011]
    Thought I'd check, after seeing the puddle this morning and then having an over cooked S3 I did start to wonder, cheers for the help lads :)