1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hot country = s3 aircon worry

Discussion in 'Air Conditioning' started by Lex696, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Lex696

Lex696 Member

[Jun 30, 2010]
    having read (and moreover entered the) aircon problems section, I am extremely worried about my pending purchase.

i live in cyprus where 30C is the avg temp most of the year round, so AC problems is not what I want when paying +40,000 euro for my S3

is it really that bad or is it something Audi have addressed of late? not cold, faulty compressors, smells, fan problems - what on earth?

someone care to ease my worries or is this a genuine thing i need to consider??
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

[Jul 1, 2010]
    Air con problems are no more of a worry with Audi than any other make so no worries there. Most people with problems have older cars. mine is now 6 and has had no problems. what you should be aware of though is the A3/S3 air con is pretty poor overall and i doubt it will cope with 30c if its like the UK version. Try one in the show room on a hot day would be my advice. They never blow really cold like an A4 system.
  4. Lex696

Lex696 Member

[Jul 1, 2010]
    oh dear,

its funny how each market has its factors. i'll check some other a3's which i am sure will represent

i had a 1 series with no probs at all (icey cold cabin), mercedes was gash - either not cold enough or a targeted jet of mortal kombat subzero style special move down your throat. we have a 2007 imported suzuki swift which struggles, but just about makes it with its climate control, so i am sure the s3 cant be any worse.
  5. Staz

Staz is a retronaut Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jul 13, 2010]
    I wouldn't be concerned to be honest. This is a very busy forum and the air con sub-forum gets very little attention. Of course some questions will be asked in the model specific forums but they're still not very common.