Hose Technik Brake Lines NEED HELP!!

S3_Olly

Full Throttle
Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
just after a bit of advice really, i recieved my new Audi S3 1.8T Quattro Brake Lines today so took the garage to fit them but unfortunatly they did not fit and they were even to small to clamp back on to the chassis oh and the bolt that screws goes through the end of the hose and into the caliper was a different thread.

has any one else had these problems with hose technic as i am really dissapointed, and does anyone know of a better alternative to these.

i would really appriciate your advice as this is an ugent change as mine are knackered.

Cheers Olly

These the Forge ones? Goodridge suggest 2 different types of kit IIRC... one for earlier S3's and ones for later... (they changed the rear calipers on later S3's)... not looked personally as I haven't bothered changing the rears on mine but how do you mean too small? not long enough? as they all use the same fittings (M10x1)

From what I understand std hoses are braided internally so maybe just as well to buy std rears and take it up with who ever you bought them from...

<tuffty/>

yes the Forge Hose Technik ones, i need to order a set of goodridge ones asap, i have an audi s3 8l amk 2000 model facelift registered november 2000.

when you take the wheel off and you can then see the brake hose connected to the strut which is clamped in place by some U shaped metal clips that hold it in a certain position and even the end of the new hose was too big to fit into the slots where the lines connect to.
they were the right length but none of the connections where right or looked right and the garage is pretty clued up.

you couldnt do me a favour and help me source the correct ones as you seem prett switched on, thats if you didnt mind.

i bought the hoses from GNC Motorsport but when i rung him and said that he hadnt sold any of these for my car before i thought that was abit odd.

Olly

Hummm

Goodridge hoses are zinc plated... not as good tbh...
Goodridge Zinc Plated Brake Hose Kit - S3 Quattro1996 - 2000 - S3 (8L) - Audi - Shop By Car

Goodridge Zinc Plated Brake Hose Kit - S3 Quattro10/2001 - 05/2003 - S3 (8L) - Audi - Shop By Car

Best call them tbh...

...or just get std replacements for the rear... they are short and braided AFAIK as std so no reason not to use them over any other kit...

Do you have a pic of the HoseTechnik hoses and OEM hose side by side? might be useful to send to Forge too...

<tuffty/>