Hose Kits!

Add7

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get a hose kit for a a3 1.8t, as i know samco do not do one?

and also are these easy to fit if there is one? i think i may have a leak somewhere near the turbo so thinking of just replacing all of them?

Thanks

I read some where that you can use the hose kit off the Golf. Someone correct me if I am wrong

I just fitted a golf samco kit,the difference is mainly the tip because there is two types which vary by the positions of the dv and breather hoses,i chose wrong type due to not having car with me at inters.Still fitted though just had to lengthen a pipe,also you don't get pipe for underneath drivers side chassis leg,cause its a clip mount type.Samco may have A3 kit in development ,ring forge for info.Cheers Andy

Hey Andy, do you know which engine code your Samco kit was desogned for?? I've been looking, and IIRC there's one set for the AWP and another for the AWD/AWW engines /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

(Pic of the kit we're talking about:)

2075_x450.jpg

can anyone confirm what samco kit they used on their A3 1.8ts please?

there are two types for the golf and aparently one works on the A3.

you can go to the race section on samco if they dont have a kit for your car and put togehther your own from a selection of hoses, but i dont think id know where to start to make my own kit through them? has anyone done this?

if so what set up?

cheers

Right guys, im in the process of dealing with this (well i havent started yet but will soon) I intend on contacting samco direct to either work with them regarding the kits made by buying individual pipes as mentioned above, or trying to sort out development of a full A3 kit. I will mention the audi sites we are members of and explain there are a lot of eager people wanting a full kit specifically for the A3, lets see what we can sort out. I shall ring them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stuart,

Check for AGU engines too.. thanks!!

what are AGU engines? how do you tell if you have one?

AGU engines were fitted to the earlier 1.8T cars. They have larger ports than the later DBW VVT engined 1.8Ts.

The engine code is just a way for the manufacturer to distinguish between different engine type quickly for ordering parts etc.

Your engine code is here under the engine cover. You should be able to see it with the cover still on.
18tenginecode1.jpg

Stuart are you going to try and initiate a group buy on these? I'd be def up for it if you do...