1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hose Behind Engine

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by actualeddie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. actualeddie

actualeddie Member

[Apr 4, 2012]
    Hey guys,

That Hose behind the engine, red one that I believe goes straight into the turbo; Well that's finally gone on my S3 (no boost at all now) Luckily I have a new Forge one coming tomorrow!

Is it an easy switch around? There may already be a tutorial, but i'm not sure what to search, Turbo hose?

[​IMG]

Thought I'd better post a photo of the hose in question.

Cheers again for any help,

:)

Eddie
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 24, 2014]

3. sportquattro

sportquattro Active Member

[Apr 4, 2012]
    Have got one of these myself to fit this weekend too, looks easy ennought but then they always do and sometimes canbe apain. Looing at your photo I see you have your DV venting to atmosphere, that wont be doing much good for your performance as the MAF wont be seeing all the air it should, a Forge 007P considered the best DV option.
  4. actualeddie

actualeddie Member

[Apr 4, 2012]
    Funnily enough someone suggested that on another post I put up, when I bought the car it came with. Will change it when I can, should be a simple switch on that too right? They usually come with a cap but I didnt get it handed on to me :(
    Cheers :)
  5. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid Supporter

[Apr 4, 2012]
    Turbo pipe is very easy to do, you may find it even easier if you remove the strutt brace...
  6. actualeddie

actualeddie Member

[Apr 4, 2012]
    Ah good idea will do. Ill have to try find somewhere that sells decent clips too.

Cheers