Horn not working, audi warranty

ryan-westlondon

Reaction score
So in traffic needed to use it doesn't work, now on the audi website booking in to fix under audi extended warranty (first time using it)

Do you still have to pay £60 investigation fee even under audi warranty? I've checked the fuse, looks fine, replaced it anyway and still nothing (you can hear the click sound but no horn)

edit will ring audi extended warranty in the morning instead

Last edited:
Did you buy from the dealer? If so I would just take it back to where you bought it. Doubt they will charge £60 to investigate the horn not working - that charge is usually made on more complicated diagnostics.

Non working horn is also an MOT failure so I'd just book it in online and ask them to fix under warranty.

I'd be arguing with the place I bought it from. A horn isnt really a wear and tear item. Not something that should go on a car. If I were you I'd be asking for a free repair if you bought within the last 12 months from an Audi dealer. Non Audi might be less time - can't remember if its 3 months or 6 months under the sale of goods act.

good point re SOGA! Totally forgot about that, it's 6 months having just checked. (which for me will be end of December)

I'll contact the non audi dealer, only two months ago they paid for a new stronic clutch, so hopefully this small issue of the horn not working will easy to resolve also.

I complained to Audi over twitter as to how a horn can go after just 3 years, Audi UK phoned me to confirm they will look into it and "see what they can do" with my local audi dealer

£60 diagnostic fee paid for by place I bought the car from, Audi confirm the horn doesn't work (thanks captain obvious, £60 well worth it)

Cost to replace horn £245 - garage I bought the car from, no longer interested in any further contributions. "You are expected to claim ownership after a certain time" well yes fair enough, but 5 months into owning the car I have no right to the SOGA? Case 1 being opened.

Audi UK say "no goodwill gesture", a horn failing after 3 years is perfectly acceptable, and the consumer must pay for a new one. Such a tiny basic item as the horn failing, makes me worry about what else will fail and will be even moreso acceptable. Case 2 being opened.

I requested the car be returned to me today, garage across the road said £100. In the meantime I'm raising directly with trading standards / bbc watchdog and anyone who'd love a story. Merry Christmas from Audi, buyers be ware, if you buy an Audi, prepare for half the value to be paid out again on repairs.