1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Horn: From Toot-Toot to ROOAAAARR?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by SamDude, Mar 8, 2007.

1. SamDude

SamDude Active Member

Hey all,

Mrs SamDude likes driving the A3, but has complained that the horn in her 2000 VW Golf is much more aggressive (=lower twin tone) than mine.

She says the A3 horn doesn't suit the car as its a higher 'squeak' and doesn't scare anyone or convey her being pissed off enough (her words).

I told her that people respect the car and give it enough space so you don't need to use the horn compared to her car(!)

But now I've got the urge to look at how easy/cheap it is to change the horn for a deeper twin/triple tone one.

Answers?
  2. Tommy1finger

Tommy1finger Member

I've been seriously considering installing one of these to take care of the wimpy sounding horn, not expensive at all:

from ebay
  3. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member

Tell her to read the Highway Code. The horn on a car should only be used as a warning to other road users NOT as a way of showing aggression or annoyance to other drivers.

Tell her, if you dare, to grow up and learn to drive properly!
  4. Rich

Rich Rollin on boost mother hubbards

Ha ha, I just play that football clap thing on mine when someone annoys me, always get it when going round a roundabout, somone in the next exit pulls out thinking I wont be there in time and goes slow as feck, so a bit of:

DOOP DOOP DOO DOO DOOP DOO DO DO DO DOOP DOOP! Makes me feel better.

Apologies that post was completly irrelavent. :zen:
  5. cjp2k

cjp2k Member

I had to beep the horn earlier for some moron in a fabia.. que of oncoming cars.. so the **** stops on the other side of the road to the que and I cant get past!!

I have to agree the horn is rubbish on the a3!!