1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoppen Stage 3, 1998 Audi A4

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by imported_785xp, Nov 15, 2004.

1. imported_785xp

imported_785xp Guest

[Nov 15, 2004]
    There is a 1998 Audi A4 for sale locally and the owner tells me it has a Hoppen stage 3 chip and a S4 turbo and an aftermarket exhaust. It has 50,000 miles on it and the owner tells me he was told it has 225 hp. He has owned it for 2 years. The work was done by a dealer when new and was used as a show car. Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. dummi

dummi smoking a6

[Nov 15, 2004]
    i don't know much about this topic, or hoppen,

but an s4 turbo is just a k03s i think which is possibly the stock turbo if the a4 is a 1.8 turbo engined, and the s4 has two of them bolted to a 30valve v6 2.7liter

if he meant rs4 turbo then thats a k04 (though manifolds are completely different that is probably irrelevant if he is just describing the car)

the k04 would be reasonable for a 225hp i think

stage 3, i'm not sure about.

if i were you i would have an independent tech have a look at it if you are seriously going to go for it, not just because the description is a bit unclear, but because it is a modified motor period.

4. imported_785xp

imported_785xp Guest

[Nov 16, 2004]
    This is from the Hoppen motorsports site. I am assuming all this has been done to the car.

"Stage 3 consists of MTM software with a KKK K04 turbo, Bosch 5 bar fuel pressure regulator, Bosch performance spark plugs, MTM 70mm stainless steel exhaust, MTM stainless high flow downpipe with flex coupling, modified catalytic converter (exchange) and ported exhaust manifold (exchange)."