Honest answer about DV valves

marmite

Counting the Tesco Club points
Reaction score
Hi guys
Just a quick question before I part with money..Do uprated DV valves really make a difference
Spoke to Kim Collins and he seems to think they don't really make a differencve to performace nor drive.
I'm unsure?? anyone help?? could save me £180!!
:confused:

not in my opinion..... fine if you want piston type ones ones etc or shiney ones... but really..... they dont make much difference... occasionally the diaprhams split in std ones but you can buy 3 std ones for a shiny aftermarket piston type......
unless you want shiney bits I wouldnt bother.....

the whole idea behind the aftermarket ones is that they are supposed to last longer (i.e. forever, with servicing), and that they are supposed to "react quicker" so they reduce lag.

However, piston style valves supposedly reaclt slower than diaphragm valves, hence the popularity of the forge eliminator - basically an alloy OEM valve, with a stronger diaphragm - allegedly improving reliability on heavy boost cars.

some people say they have to replace their OEM valve every 12 months on chipped cars, some don't. Who knows. They may be good for piece of mind, but if they are on a standard car, it's just one more modification to declare.

cheers boys i'll save me cash!!!