Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Insincere

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TRS1

Topper Harley
Reaction score
What do you all think of Honda's new Livery?

Pure Genius?

Insincere, they've done it due to lack of sponsorship?

It strikes me as rather hypocritical. If you're so concerned about carbon emissions, withdraw from the mind-numbing spectacle of F1. That'd have a much greater effect than painting a few images from Google Maps on your cars.

looks cool hopefully it will help jenson to win a few races

LottieA3 said:
What do you do for the environment Mr Batwad?
Small things, that a mere mortal such as myself can do, like not leaving lights or appliances on unnecessarily, recycling and walking to the shops that are ten minutes down the road :)

What I'm not doing though is shouting "LOOK AT ME I'M SAVING THE WORLD" while doing these things, but at weekends burning hundreds of thousands of gallons of fuel prancing around a racetrack and transporting my cars, pit crews and whatnot around the world. That's the hypocrisy. If they really want to be sincere about their concern they'd be making a much greater statement by abandoning F1 altogether.

Which, incidentally, is what all the fans of F1 will do if the chap I saw on Channel 4 news last night was right when he said that in future teams will be given a certain amount of "energy" to use in the race. The team that best uses the "energy" will be the winners. So bye-bye to the screaming roar of an F1 engine and hello to rattling buzz of a three-cylinder diesel.

Lottie, surely you must agree that telling people they should be concerned about the environment whilst haring around a track drinking fuel and haemorrhaging CO2 into the atmosphere is hypocritical.

Don't think that I will have a picture of RA107 in that livery as my desktop - yuck.

Now the initial pictures in Black now that looks good.

Good on you girl. Sorry if my post came across as a personal attack, which it wasn't; this has got me really frustrated because I like Honda (as much as one can like a multinational corporation) because I like their work and think they do good things and probably are focussed and well-meaning. But F1? One of the ultimate carbon-chomping excesses? I just don't buy it, sorry. It's media-bandwagon-jumping.

I get what your saying about F1 being a gigantic carbon factory, but when you put the output of F1 compared to that of everybody accross the globe who watches it, it's probably tiny. If they get their message accross and every F1 fan (or the majority) does something this year to help the enviroment then it will be a success.

I hear they have promised to reduce their CO2 emmisions also by promising to pop even fewer champagne bottles on rostrum this year, than they have in the last 5 seasons!

Good on you honda, long may you continue to randomly circulate in the middle of the pack in this the most pointless form of "motorsport!"

I guess you will be getting up at 2am Sunday morning to watch the first race of the new season then Simch?! :)

If I am up at that time, I'll do some ironing, its far more exciting and far less predictable!

So you've already put a £10000 bet on this years F1 champion then? Sounds like like a safe bet if it's so predictable, I might have a flutter myself. Do audi do an F1 car? I'll watch it this year maybe.

Im thinking Alonso for drivers champ and farrari for manufacturers champs

I'd bet Sato for Champ and Spyker for Constructors :icon_thumright: