Home coming lights

leonwilliams

Reaction score
Hi guys my next mod for my 8p isxhome coming lights I've sourced all the parts light switch. Control module and cable. Has anybody done this mod how difficult was it ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi thanks for info will this work on my 2011 8p. Would I need to change the light switch to the one that has auto lights and the control module

you might already find you have the correct module installed in your car already as it is a 2011 so if you have Vcd's you can have a look in 09 and in long coding you might see the opition for activating your Ch / Lh lights
Mind take a pic with your phone off the Original long coding and the byte number that you find the Ch / Lh in that way if it doesnt work you can change all bk to the way it was .

you might already find you have the correct module installed in your car already as it is a 2011 so if you have Vcd's you can have a look in 09 and in long coding you might see the opition for activating your Ch / Lh lights
Mind take a pic with your phone off the Original long coding and the byte number that you find the Ch / Lh in that way if it doesnt work you can change all bk to the way it was .
Thanks mate I don't have vcd's a member of here does my coding. He tried but only got it to work where you flash the lights when you park up. I've seen one way where you use a repair wire. And change coding. Other way is to replace light switch. And the module then use despair wire and long code. Doing my research now so I get it right or all the right parts.

Thanks mate I don't have vcd's a member of here does my coding. He tried but only got it to work where you flash the lights when you park up. I've seen one way where you use a repair wire. And change coding. Other way is to replace light switch. And the module then use despair wire and long code. Doing my research now so I get it right or all the right parts.

I would have thought the module would have been fine but a bit iff advice is to get the Mod number then PM @Ash187 and ask him if the Mod you have is ok before you go buying another Mod u might not need as he does retrofitting for a living and he is Sh*t hot at it mate . If he stayed closer to me i would be skint every cpl off weeks

Reactions: leonwilliams
I would have thought the module would have been fine but a bit iff advice is to get the Mod number then PM @Ash187 and ask him if the Mod you have is ok before you go buying another Mod u might not need as he does retrofitting for a living and he is Sh*t hot at it mate . If he stayed closer to me i would be skint every cpl off weeks
Ha ha ha yeah you sound just like me. I'm part way through doing front and rear footwell lights. Fronts are done with blue leds. Weather's crap to do backs so wilhile I'm waiting get another mod on go lol. But I will contact ash and ask his advice.

I've pm ash thanks mate see what he says might be able to save quite a few quid in the process.

I've pm ash thanks mate see what he says might be able to save quite a few quid in the process.

Well he is the god off the retrofitters and people speak highly off his knowledge on here

Ok I'm waiting for ash to get back to me I've found a couple of switches. My quandary is which one. My car has drls. Do I need the auto switch to have drls or not
f68222b4292ebcdeeda68f3dfa5561a7.jpg
96f31572468690982779d6d890c628d2.jpg

Ok I'm waiting for ash to get back to me I've found a couple of switches. My quandary is which one. My car has drls. Do I need the auto switch to have drls or not
f68222b4292ebcdeeda68f3dfa5561a7.jpg
96f31572468690982779d6d890c628d2.jpg

My headlight switch is exactly like the first picture and I’ve retrofitted bixenon headlights with the led drl strip, works fine.

Drl’s are on when switch is set at 0 or Auto (during the day ofcourse)

Reactions: leonwilliams
My headlight switch is exactly like the first picture and I’ve retrofitted bixenon headlights with the led drl strip, works fine.

Drl’s are on when switch is set at 0 or Auto (during the day ofcourse)
Ok mate that kinda helps will get the first one.

It may be easier for you to use the method in the link i posted in my first post.

If you look at the pics the guy has done it with a normal headlight swith (non auto)

Hi guys. Still on holiday but I thought I’d answer this now than make you wait another couple weeks.
Coming home ‘mod’ can be done in the A3 from 2004 - 2009 if the correct CE module is fitted (usually applies to older cars) ... the 2010+ cars need the whole auto lights pack to be installed to get the coming home feature as something was changed in the CE module which does allow the ‘mod’ or hack to work without the actual light/rain sensor.

Reactions: ch1z64
It may be easier for you to use the method in the link i posted in my first post.

If you look at the pics the guy has done it with a normal headlight swith (non auto)
Hi mate ash has got back to me the 2010 a3 has a different ce module so it's needs light switch module and cable. In order for th3 coming home back to work. Do you have vcd's where you based?

Reactions: aqibi2000
Ash mentioned you need the whole auto lights pack, which im sure involves fitting a rain/light sensor to the windscreen too

Im based bham and have vcds too

Ash mentioned you need the whole auto lights pack, which im sure involves fitting a rain/light sensor to the windscreen too

Hi there's a post that you can so it with out the rain sensing mirror. Get you the link

Hi mate I've ordered the repair wire in going to try that first. Can I get it coded? before I got the repair wire

Hi mate I've ordered the repair wire in going to try that first. Can I get it coded? before I got the repair wire

Yeah can do, be better that way as you can test straight away once fitted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to jump on old thread but thought I’d try this with the repair wire but when I’ve removed the trim underneath steering column I can only see 3 banks of plugs A B & C. Where’s E located?

Face lift cars have the first switch you posted a photo of. Just have the sidelight/auto/headlight settings.