1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

home cinema projector

Discussion in 'Home Cinema, Hi-Fi and Gadgets' started by twofivenine, Mar 19, 2007.

1. twofivenine

twofivenine Member

[Mar 19, 2007]
    in the process of re-vamping the house, and want to install a projector and electric drop down screen in the lounge for watching DVD's / games etc. having next to no knowledge on this, can anyone recommend any products that will allow me to do this? the room dimensions are 4m x 4m, my surround sound system is a pioneer dcs 360. I would prefer a HD projector if poss, but picture quality is my first priority. dont want to spend a fortune, but then dont want to scrimp on the cost to result in a loss of quality.
    from looking around on the net, I would be looking at getting either an 88 or 92 inch screen.
    the projector is to be ceiling mounted.

thanks for any help!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 30, 2014]

3. mordz

mordz Audi S3 (2000)

[Apr 21, 2007]
    its going to look very odd with that kind of size room. why not get a wall mount lcd or plasma.

other than that dell / sony projectors are good... both have optional roof mounts.

what about running cables to it from your AV sources? one long HDMI or DVI or RGB cable and a switch box in your cabinet would do the trick.
  4. Sinny71

Sinny71 S55 LKS

[Apr 21, 2007]
    Grab a copy of What HiFi Sound and Vision, loads of useful info and reviews in there as well as some cracking deals from advertisers.