1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crapoly..

noodle Jul 31, 2003

1. noodle

noodle Member

Just had a wee race with a Saab 95 Aero ESTATE on my way home. I was drawn into it - honestly guv, minding my own business when suddenly, as I was slowing down for a junction it happend - he overtook. The rest as they say is history /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bugger it was quick. I wasn't sure what the spec was, but being an estate I thought, hey why not, surely it can't be that quick - Wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush2.gif

It was across the B roads from Leicester. In a straight line there was nothing in it, but around the twistys I had the advantage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Got home and checked the Saab site and was amazed to find - 'Saab 9-5 Estate Aero 2.3HOT 250 bhp' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif No furking wonder...

Anybody else been botherd by a Saab.

2. RAPS3

RAPS3 Well-Known Member

Too damn right, theres an old guy in my town with a Saab 9000, about M reg, thats seriously quick. Its been played with by abbott racing the only give away is a slightly bigger tailpipe the rest looks standard, until he smokes every one away from the lights. I think its over the 300bhp mark.

3. amoffat

amoffat Member

I had a blat up to the ton with one today driven by a bird. The car may have been 'HOT' but she sure weren't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Anyways, I was stuck to her bumper and she couldn't shake me off, she had to relent and I charged past /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. noodle

noodle Member

This fella was gunning it, smoke from his exhaust, the whole deal. Would loved to have taken him but the roads/my ability wouldn't allow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

However, it's just reinforced my plans to get it chipped - just got to keep saving now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

My brother works for Saab as a technician (fancy mechanic!) He used to have a 9000 Carlson before wife and family and it was sporting about 205bhp at that time. It was the fastest car I'd ever been in and that was over 8 years ago. He does from time to time "test drive" some of the Aeros and such and they are very fast especially when Abbot racing do the mods - that said they are NOT cheap!