1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hold the door open . . . . . . thanx. I'm . . .

imported_Teutonic_Tamer Aug 18, 2004

1. . . . a newbie here.

Owned my S4 for over a year now, don't know what took me so long to register.

<fx. beats oneself around head with wet fish>

First Audi, and VAG car I've ever owned, but certainly not my last. My S4 is a superb car, but I'm sure the rest of you know that already.

It'll be good to share any info (useful or not) with other members.

TTFN, HAND etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hug.gif

2. jgrand

jgrand Member

Hi & welcome to the forum. I'm not at all jealous you have an S4. No really, I'm not... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

I'm not jealous. After all your about 60bhp down on bhp and about 50lb ft down on torque.

No, seriously, it is a very, very nice car, just superb.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

4. [ QUOTE ]
    scoTTy said:
    Welcome to the forum.

I'm not jealous. After all your about 60bhp down on bhp and about 50lb ft down on torque.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ta for the welcome.

Does the AMD st3 REALLY add another 60 ponies, and all that xtra torque? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Have you dyno'd the car? I'd be interested in seeing a standard and stage 3 overlay graph. Is there any loss of bottom end grunt, because the standard map produces 300Nm of torque at 1,100rpm. That is why I like the v8 - with it's Jeckyl and Hyde characteristics. What about the warranty - do the AMD chips keep a back-up of the standard ECU map? I've been very cautious about chipping (on a normally aspirated motor), because the claims are usually quite modest, ranging from 5-6 bhp increase, upto a tops of about 15 bhp. Or have I missed something?!?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

5. dickys3

dickys3 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Turbo cars respond very well to remaps! 50 - 60 bhp extra is the norm for the S3 and anything from 60 - 90 lb/ft.

These results are achived by upping the boost pressure and changing the fuelling.

They are a completely different animal when chipped!

btw, welcome to the forum!

Rich.