Hmm, need more power

Jasesapphy

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have a 330d E46 with a modified exhaust system, slightly hybrid turbo and and her delete
Makes about 260bhp and a good slug of torque even at 262K

The Audi is a A4 soft top quattro with a 3.0bTDi with a tip box

I have fitted a few flowing filter, DPF back stainless system and a remap to circa 280Bhp

However compared to the BMW still feels a bit lacking, (probably due to weight 1400kg vs 1800kg, auto vs manual and 2wd vs 4wd

What can I do next to eek some more power out the 3.0TDI?

300 bhp I think would suit

DPF delete would liven her up a little more.....made a noticeable difference on my 4 pot oil burner so I would presume it would be much greater in the V6.

But it all depends on if you have a friendly MOT station.

Maybe it is the weight or it could just be that the Audi goes a lot quicker than it seems due to it being more refined.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: James.c
Buy a petrol mate

Only option is Any rS4 then because I don't think any other petrols come close out the showroom

Can't justify the poooe mpg and servicing of an RS4

The Quattro part of the equation will also make the car feel slower than it really is chap, with a 2wd the driving sensations are different from that of a 4wd car, its the nature of the beast, weight will also be a factor , my Quattro BUL is 250bhp with some good torque, it doesn't feel super fast but its does go like stink , its all about how the power is transmited to the road , Quattro's do it very well and your nipping along nicely no wheel spin or stuff like that. I bet you that if you put my Quattro bul next to a 2wd tfsi with the same sort of tune (which is not that high) my Quattro would be quicker but feel slower.......well I know the answer as I've tried it....

DPF delete would liven her up a little more.....made a noticeable difference on my 4 pot oil burner so I would presume it would be much greater in the V6.

But it all depends on if you have a friendly MOT station.

Maybe it is the weight or it could just be that the Audi goes a lot quicker than it seems due to it being more refined.

I would cut open the DPF and gut then get it mapped out of ECU rather than a bypass pipe
Only needs to pass drift test then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Quattro part of the equation will also make the car feel slower than it really is chap, with a 2wd the driving sensations are different from that of a 4wd car, its the nature of the beast, weight will also be a factor , my Quattro BUL is 250bhp with some good torque, it doesn't feel super fast but its does go like stink , its all about how the power is transmited to the road , Quattro's do it very well and your nipping along nicely no wheel spin or stuff like that. I bet you that if you put my Quattro bul next to a 2wd tfsi with the same sort of tune (which is not that high) my Quattro would be quicker but feel slower.......well I know the answer as I've tried it....

Not sure what exactly your trying to say here but a 2wd 3.0tdi would be awful. Without four wheels putting it down (or etleast an LSD) it would spin in every gear and torque steer like crazy. My 1.9tdi (bigger turbo, etc) could take a stock 3.0tdi if it could put the power down which is exactly why it "feels" (and is) slower. 60kg give or take is nothing for the performance benefit especially considering our cars already weigh a ton and all the weight of a quattro system is low to the ground.

As to the original question there's a few more bits and bobs you can do for performance, Karl has a good thread on his 3.0tdi (albeit for a B8) http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/karls-3-0-tdi-build-thread.204785/ he also had a high powered two wheel drive diesel before this.

Last edited:
That's what i'm saying chap , 4wd are fast but don't feel fast in the way a 2wd does as the power is delivered to all the wheels etc, you get forward propulsion without all the wheel spinning and tyre screeching.... my old Carrera 4 was a fast car but never felt as fast as a Carrera 2 but it was , all in the way the car put the power to the road and handles I suppose.

For me a petrol variant feels vastly different to a diesel anyway performance wise even if both have the same sort of output, different engines with vastly different charatristic, high rpm petrol v low rpm torque diesel with either 2wd or 4wd..... add to that the drivers own perception of what is fast and how fast a car feels..... I have been very lucky to have owned and driven a fair few top end sports car cars in my time and some fast cars felt dam fast and were, other felt like fast cars and were absolute dogs.....all down to the individual driving the car, just my input.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darren1983
I went from a 2wd to a 4wd 2.0TFSI B7 and have to agree, the sensation of speed is dampened by the 4wd system. Your accelerating just as fast (or a lot faster, in anything but ideal conditions!), it just doesn't feel like it.

@Jasesapphy your problem is the B7 3.0 TDI has a BV50 turbo and they are not as good at the GTB2260 fitted in the B8, but you should be able to get close to 300bhp with the DPF gutted. Who mapped the car at the moment ?
The extra weight of the Quattro along with transmission losses and the fact you have gone for the convertible, with the weight penalty that attracts doesn't help. When comparing the BMW to the Audi you aren't really comparing apples with apples.

@Jasesapphy your problem is the B7 3.0 TDI has a BV50 turbo and they are not as good at the GTB2260 fitted in the B8, but you should be able to get close to 300bhp with the DPF gutted. Who mapped the car at the moment ?
The extra weight of the Quattro along with transmission losses and the fact you have gone for the convertible, with the weight penalty that attracts doesn't help. When comparing the BMW to the Audi you aren't really comparing apples with apples.

Im at 280bhp with a MSD rempa, thinking of gutting the DPF gutted and spicking to a tuner.
Other option could be change the turbo and go for live map i suppose