1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HM Revenue & Customs

voorhees Mar 15, 2010

1. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

Sent me a 250 quid tax rebate today [​IMG]
    Just thought I'd share a bit of joy

2. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Fair play, they rang me and said they'd send it to you for safe keeping until I see you next ;)

Result though mate - hopefully I'll bleed a few quid out of them - because I saw more cars than the average trader last year they stuck me on a Month 1 for ages and as far as I can work out, I've overpaid pretty well. Not going to bother arguing with them until new coding's sorted with new company and the new car. I HATE all the messing about, but when you get a result like you had it kinda makes up for it eh!

//R

3. L1 HCS

L1 HCS Active Member

Good news Jase! You can buy me a drink when I see you next! :beerchug:

4. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Round is on you then bud. :beerchug:

5. voorhees

voorhees Moderator Staff Member Moderator DSG

6. sportstractor

sportstractor Chugger

Best feeling in the world when you get a rebate!

7. consilio

consilio Up the owls!

I got one too, 44 pence - must have cost them more than that to print the letter and post it!!!! Stupid really

8. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

I need one, but haven't heard anything yet

I was getting charged a higher tax rate as i had a company car at my last job

Was getting taxed about 24% rather than the 20% to make up for it

But with this job, i also get commision, quite a bit of it, so they were charging me 24% on my basic to make up for the company car, and then another 4% of my commision was going to them!

Will give em a chase later me thinks

9. JD09

JD09 I'm not modding, I'm improving VCDS Map User

Always nice. I especially like the fact that they put in into your account and the letter arrives about three weeks later!

"What's this??"

Win.

10. scbduke

scbduke Member

My Mrs owed the tax man some money from when she was contracting, told them to take it straight out of her wages as she's a permie now.
    Got the bill in the post the other day .................... 80p !!!!

Must have cost them more than that to send the request in the post.

11. JohnboyC

JohnboyC Member

Hmmm, when i was self employed systems engineer I had a great time when i was investigated by the Inland Revenue 7 or 8 years ago....Its great to know that the fine i had to pay funded some MP's house flipping.... Not that I am bitter or twisted...