1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hjelp to enable active lane assist audi A7

kim gaardvik Jul 24, 2014

1. kim gaardvik

kim gaardvik New Member

Hi all,
    have anyone knowledge enough to enable this on a car that have all the needed modules for this to work?

I have all the perquisites i.e all the modules needed :
    The control units necessary for the Audi active lane assist function:
    Camera control unit J852:
    · Registers the area in front of the vehicle and transfers the images to the image processing control unit J851
    · Searches for lane boundary lines in the images, determines their exact position and geometry, and transfers this infor- mation to the control unit J851
    Image processing control unit J851:
    · The function software of Audi active lane assist is integrated in this unit
    · Transmits the required system steering moment to the control unit for power steering J500 and, if required, requests a vibration alarm
    · Asks the control unit in dash panel insert J285 to display the current system state and, if required, to display messages and warnings
    · Transfers the current system state to the control unit for windscreen projection J898 and asks it, if required, to display warnings
    · Saves the settings for Audi active lane assist made via the MMI. The stored values are assigned to the vehicle key in use.
    Power steering control unit J500:
    · Activates the motor for electromechanical steering accor- ding to the specifications of the control unit J851 (generation of the required system steering moment and output of a vibration warning)
    · Reads in the sensor for steering moment G269 and forwards the steering moment to the control unit J851
    Optional control units that can be used if fitted:
    Adaptive cruise control unit J428 and control unit 2 for adaptive cruise control J850:
    • If the vehicle has the optional extra ACC, its measured variables are used for the two functions "Deliberate lane change without set turn indicator" and "System characteris- tics with obstacles detected on the neighbouring lane"

2. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

VCDS

or get audi to code it in

3. kim gaardvik

kim gaardvik New Member

I have tried Audi, they do not want to, due to sw policies....
    I do not know what I need to do with VCDS to enable it, it's not documented anywhere..