Hiya all, new to S3

phantom

On Boost
Reaction score
I pick up my Phantom black S3 next week and i just want to say hello!

The options i have are

Pearlesent paint (is that just a fancy matallic? )
Synthphony II ( in dash 6 cd changer )
Bose
Phone prep ( dash mounted )
Electric heated and folding mirrors

Options i would have liked are

Interia light pack
Auto wipers and lights
Could theses be retro fitted? how much? is it worth the cost?

Thanks

p

phantom said:
I pick up my Phantom black S3 next week and i just want to say hello!

The options i have are

Pearlesent paint (is that just a fancy matallic? )
Synthphony II ( in dash 6 cd changer )
Bose
Phone prep ( dash mounted )
Electric heated and folding mirrors

Options i would have liked are

Interia light pack
Auto wipers and lights
Could theses be retro fitted? how much? is it worth the cost?

Thanks

p

Good Luck. Nice motor correct colour although Phantom is not just fancy metallic!! Talk to a paint expert and they will go on for hours!!

IMHO, Phone on dash is a mistake, gets in way, front armrest better option, forget Interior Light pack waste of money , Auo lights /wipers had these on A6 Sline, pain in the **** IMHO.
Like Bose, told by other posts it is not worth the 485 quid but who cares.

Symphony now obsolete with post week 48 build free Input In socket for yer iPod/MP3 (sorry!)... Enjoy anyway great motor and hope you get more than the 18mpg I did...

TT now

RG

What would happen if i tride to take the holder/charger off the dash? will it ba a mess? hows it stuck on?

Thanks

p

:icon_thumright:
phantom said:
What would happen if i tride to take the holder/charger off the dash? will it ba a mess? whos it stuck on?

Thanks

p

Not sure but with Bluetooth phones you don't need it!

Could the Auto lights/wipers be done at a decent price?

Same goes for the interia light pack?

Thanks

p

phantom said:
Could the Auto lights/wipers be done at a decent price?

Same goes for the interia light pack?

Thanks

p

NOt worth the bother IMHO:hubbahubba:

Hi and welcome to the site!

You can retrofit parts of the interior light pack, like the front map reading lights and red LED 'mood' lighting, but I think the rest is a hassle.
I've seen posts on this before, have a search for them.

You'll love the car mate!!!

jamiekip said:
Hi and welcome to the site!

You can retrofit parts of the interior light pack, like the front map reading lights and red LED 'mood' lighting, but I think the rest is a hassle.
I've seen posts on this before, have a search for them.

You'll love the car mate!!!

Cheers mate, it was more the MOOD lights i was after?

Also when i started it up, the needles on the speedo did a little jig/dance whats that all about?

Thanks

p:eyebrows:

phantom said:
What would happen if i tride to take the holder/charger off the dash? will it ba a mess? hows it stuck on?

Thanks

p

Weird, just posted this in another thread! ;) Might leave a hole if you removed it.

VehicleImage.axd

phantom said:
Cheers mate, it was more the MOOD lights i was after?

Also when i started it up, the needles on the speedo did a little jig/dance whats that all about?

Thanks

p:eyebrows:

Vagparts sell the ambient light module for about a tenner (you fit this to your light unit in the roof, you need to drill two holes) or buy a full replacment unit for around £60

8E0919063A300_300x344.jpg

8e0947135D300_300x234.jpg

phantom said:

Thats the needle sweep feature all the S cars seem to be getting. You can turn it off in the DIS.

JohnS3, Is that picture of your headlining on your S3? My headlining is black, but I thought that was an option (I certainly didn't order it)

TDI-line said:
Hello and welcome.

What interior have you choosen.

Std black leather embossed seats , std black lining!

A little bit of nightlight in the car is great!

What is the needle sweep? what does it do? whats it for?

Thanks

p

consilio said:
JohnS3, Is that picture of your headlining on your S3? My headlining is black, but I thought that was an option (I certainly didn't order it)

Mines black too. The picture is an image from vagparts website.

I think the interior light pack is well worth it, makes the interior really nice at night - if you can retrofit it go for it.

Some people don't like auto wipers but I think they are great in drizzly weather, don't have to keep fiddling with the wipers. I'd agree that auto lights are a tad pointless though ( apart from tunnels / car parks where they are useful ). Not sure if they could be retrofitted as the rain sensor is in the Windscreen I think.

Enjoy the car.. I'm enjoying mine!

s3mike said:
Not sure if they could be retrofitted as the rain sensor is in the Windscreen I think.

Yes, it's located in the rear view mirror mount, in the round bit you can see in the image below.

db_1.jpg

I had interior night lights in my old car , it is smart at night ( cosy )

I also had Auto lights/wipers not botherd bout wipers , but COMING HOME lights are great, just leave it on auto , quick press of the alarm lights come on , in the car as well!

With the folding mirrors , if i hold the lock button on the fob do they fold in? do the windows close too?

When i put the key in the ignition will the mirrors fold out?

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks

p

Windows will close but the folding mirrors are in/out by rotating the mirror position stick manually