Hit a pothole

landopanda

Reaction score
So hit a pothole pretty hard which punctured my tyre also seems it bent my wheel pretty badly, and set the drivers seat airbag off. My question is does anyone know where i can get another 17" avus alloy in Wiltshire from???

jesus christ, must of been hell of a pot hole to set the airbag off, bet it scared the poo outta ya lol

i assume you are claiming against the council for it?

Sorry to hear that mate. Must have been a big **** pot hole to do all that!! Get a pic of the pot hole!

I'd say try Ebay. Ebay's pretty good for getting just the 1 wheel.

It was a huge hole, id say at least "6/7 inches deep. Such a loud bang as well. Shut the car off and everything, i thought id killed the car, but i think the wheel took most of the impact, i'd say i was doing about 40mph. So annoyed, will call the council in the morning see what they say.

Seriously, get a picture of the pothole asap or your council will do nothing. If they've filled it in, or put a sign up or something, since you hit it there's no way they'll pay out.

I was just giving my alloys a quick clean today and noticed that 3 of my tyres have sidewalls which can only be described as 'bulging' in places. I believe this is due to potholes i've hit recently - doubt i'll get a penny out of the council to help replace 4x Dunlop Sport Maxx TT though.:crying:

Anyone else had damaged tyres from potholes?

Yeah had two front tyres replaced recently and they were in really bad shape bulges in the inside walls and after doing some high speed drivin I was relieved that they never blew. The tyres were perelli p zeros to!!!

Lowest brand tyres all the way!!!

Can you actually repair an alloy?? Not having much luck finding one, will Audi sell me just one?
Yeah I took a picture of the hole.

Audi will rape you when you try and order one, over £300 I think they are. When you can buy a full used set with tyres for between £250-300 on fleabay.

Yeah my mate lost control of his celica in the snow and hit a kerb he was quoted £250 from some garage and he couldnt find a better price he just bought a new set for £250 and they were 18s.

yer had to replace a tyre for bulging, didnt even bother trying to claim off the council

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just one tyre...
Buying 3 or 4 in one go means i'll have to put off my remap for another month. Really gutted!
Only bright side is that i've got an excuse to get Uniroyal RainSport 2s!

I've hit quite a few potholes recently, one in east hanningfield ripped my spleen out but my car was fine and still is. Toyo proxes must have pretty strong sidewalls.

I noticed a bulge in my pirreli Pzeros after hitting pot hole, wasnt really that bad but i had to have it replaced when i saw the bulge! slapped 2 budet tyres on the front as the rear pzeros no doubt will need changing soon!
suprisingly i am so far finding very little change in grip even on budgt tyres at the front! perhaps in just the pzeros at the back keeping me on the road!

Right, think ive found a second hand wheel, audi wanted over £370 for just one!!
The question is does anyone know how to and how much it is likely to cost to have the airbag in the seat put back in??
Also when you first put the key in and turn it normally makes a whiring i assume the electrics or whatever? since the hole it doesnt seem to be doing this, is that bad. everything seems to be working fine. What a stress!!

Apologies if this is real bad news...but, doesn't that sort of thing cost and arm and a leg ?????????

air bag will cost a small fortune bud, you really need to claim this off the council, im unsure if this applies to older cars but on modern cars a single airbag can cost 2k to replace plus recoding of the ecu etc hence why so many modern cars end up getting scrapped when they have a 30mph smash because if a few of the bags deploy cars a write off!!

the best thing you could is to find a second hand seat and go down that route, still gonna be ££££ :(

regarding the whirring noise when key turned in ignition is the tb self aligning, unsure why it suddenly wouldnt be doing it now, maybe jolted a wire loose, check your tb wiring etc check fuses too the impact could of broke the fuse maybe?

I've got a spare wheel. PM me for details....

Wow that is a small fortune! More concerned about the TBs than the airbag to be honest though, all fuses seem fine ...hummm

A-list thanks but ive already got a wheel now. but thanks.