hissing after shut down..normal ?

jamieA3

Reaction score
Ok, I have a sound identicle to letting down a bike tyre about 2 seconds after turning the engine off. The sound comes from the back of the engine bay. simply put, is this normal. maybe the system de pressurizing ?

Any way. In my never ending quest for knowledge and a slight bit of worry, I would like to hear from anyone with the same thing and hopefuly an explaination.

many thanks, jamie

Do you have an induction kit? My old CRX used to hiss after being turned off, was well weird

mine use to do that , went around and tightened every clip up i could find and it stopped. try any pipes that are pressurised , you may have a leak somewhere. youve just fitted your 007p aint ya? check it aint leaking around the clips etc.....

mine does it too, mine comes from the coolant bottle, so im guessing its the cap thats slightly leaking and letting pressure out

ok well ive got a standard airbox. the dv is fine definatly no leaks. and no i dont run my ac as it makes the car run badly. It could well be the expansion tank but if that was loosing presure wouldnt it make the car run in correct temps ?

i will be fitting silicone all round for turbo hoses and TIP in the next few months so as its not a huge problem i will wait and see if that sorts it.

It could be the AC unit.
Mine makes the hissing noise and its just the AC gasses cooling and settling down.
The AC engineer said its nothing to worry about and normal.
I've not worried about it for 2 years and its been fine.