1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hill Hold

nicks3 Jun 10, 2005

1. nicks3

nicks3 Member

Worth having on a dsg car?

2. Eeef

Eeef Lord of War

er...comes as standard. I presume you're refering to the thing that, when in a forward gear, the car will be prevented from rolling backwards no matter how steep the hill?

It does work, but you still get a small initial roll.

3. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    er...comes as standard. I presume you're refering to the thing that, when in a forward gear, the car will be prevented from rolling backwards no matter how steep the hill?

It does work, but you still get a small initial roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eeef, I think he means the new addition to the DSG box on facelifted cars. You can spec Hill hold assist. Stops it rolling at all, more like a traditional lock up on an auto.

In answer to the original question, I dont see the point of it. I like the bit of roll, as it lets you manouver the car without having to constantly swap between D and reverse.

4. Amchlolor

Amchlolor Active Member

There's one junction on a very steep hill I have to use regularly.
    The 'hill hold' would be great in that scenario as I often find myself 'rocking' back and forth a bit.

I could,of course,use the handbrake,but I tend to forget about that at the time.

Not worth spending extra on.

It comes standard on dutch cars. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

5. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User Gold Supporter quattro Audi A3

But surely there are no hills in Holland ! I shall have to check to see if it comes as standard in Austria when I am there next week. Quite a few more hills than Holland. Usually have a nose in a couple of the local Audi dealers.