1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hill Assist / Hill Hold Assist

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by hittchy, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MT3

MT3 New Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
    The model i drove did not have hill hold as far as i know and yes i did notice a slight hesitation when pulling off from a standstill, mentioned this to the dealer and he said that by putting slight pressure on the accelerator pedal but not enough to make it move it reduces the lag when you do eventually move off, almost like preselecting/loading a gear before changing. Hope this helps and it would not put me off buying this engine/box combo IMHO.
  2. cemerson

cemerson Well-Known Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
    Maybe the start/stop works on the accelerator rather than the brake for all s-tronic boxes whether it has hill hold or not?
  3. 97catalunya

97catalunya Member

[Jun 20, 2013]
    Perfect thank you :) always worry when no one else seems to go for the option. Having come from a Subaru Impreza and a 4.7ltr Jeep I wanted to combine the comfort and luxury of the Jeep with the sportiness of the Subaru, I know it won't be as quick still but it will be just as much fun, oh but without the 11mpg ;)

When test driving I didn't notice at what point exactly the engine kicked back in, it was so quick as so seamless I presumed it was when lifting the brake. It apparently takes 0.2 seconds to fire up!