HILARIOUS , Transmision help needed

Iceman567

Reaction score
Audi A3 2.0. Sport back TDI quattro 170bhp 2008

So a few weeks ago I here a minor whining noise coming from the engine .... I disregarded it for the fan belt and planned to change it :thumbs up:.
i was traveling back to the uk as I work in Germany so I thought I would change the engine oil . In the mad rush I dropped what I now believe to be the final drive oil ... :applaus:... And the engine must have been pretty dry because it was only slighty over on the dipstick after checking the 4 litres I put in ... ( fyi engine oil is €110 euros for a gallon of castrol edge)
As I hit 145mph on the autobahn, down hill with wind ;)... I start to here all sorts of terrible Metallic sounds :/ . Pull into the slow lane loose gears and the clutch was going up and down on its own . As we speak its sat there absolutly doomed.
Does any one have any idea on the damage ... Will the final drive and clutch have taken the gearbox with it ? Because I belive the final drive and gear box are seperate units ( its a Quattro). Going to drop the box and inspect when I get back after Xmas just wanna plan ahead if you know what I mean... Also what parts are interchangeable for example I belibe the tt final drives are the same part number .
Any help would be appreciated .... Also belive it or not I am actually a mechanic despite my above poor performance :arco:.