1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Higher speed limits at night?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fallmonk, Nov 18, 2004.

1. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Nov 18, 2004]
    Just was thinking on a point brought up on last sundays "top gear" why not have higher speed limits at night? it struck me as a obscenely simple idea! say after 11pm make it say 100mph? ok it might not be sutable every where but on the whole it could work?
    wot do you all think?????
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 15, 2014]

3. Rev-head

Rev-head Active Member

[Nov 18, 2004]
    Great idea every time i drive down south (southampton)i do it overnight and to drive at that speed sounds great(not that i dont) and traffic is nothing at that time and all the coffin dodgers are in bed at that time so that cancels out 70% of all accident that occur
    One thing on three lane motorway only
    To be honest the last time i drove in England was the M25 at 7.00 and if you were driving the outside lane at 80mph you were holding the traffic up so that justifies 100mph speed limit maybe in Third lane????
  4. imported_YOGi

imported_YOGi Guest

[Nov 18, 2004]
    There should be a minimum speed limit of 80Mph in the fast lane! One thing that really annoys me are the people who insist at driving at 70 mph in the fast lane! Motorway driving should be compulsory on a driving test! Teach people how to bloody use it!!!!!!

YOGi
  5. neversaydie

neversaydie Post Whore

[Nov 19, 2004]
    I agree with every1 - which is rare so lap it up fellas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
  6. cbass

cbass Member

[Nov 19, 2004]
    I agree with that suggestion too, it's a great idea. Hey, on a similar note, what is the speed limit on the roads over there? I am mostly curious about the major motorways.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
  7. pazaz

pazaz Member

[Nov 19, 2004]
    Motorways are 70mph over here unfortunatley!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Higher limits at night sounds like a top idea... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Sooner the better I say /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  8. imported_AudiAuto

imported_AudiAuto Guest

[Nov 20, 2004]
    well, just becuase you can't go any faster no need to slow other people down by taking half an hour to overtake. And the stupid thing is that when you overtake, you only end up a few meters ahead of the other lorry, becuase its probably only going 2mph slower. But anyway i'm not saying i don't symphasise with lorry drivers, but its still annoying. And van drivers, they are the worst. They don't care about the car cos its not theirs, and they think they are driving a S3 or something the way the drive. and they think their van is fast when its not.
  9. fallmonk

fallmonk Turbo Sport

[Nov 20, 2004]
    yes but a few meters x 2mph x 9hrs driving the maths add up!
    as for the white van people think most of them think they are in "supervan" surounded by pannels that sheild then from other road users!
  10. danp

danp New Member

[Nov 21, 2004]
    yea i think it should be around 100 ish lol after 10 makes sense

DAN
  11. imported_unkle

imported_unkle Guest

[Nov 21, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    fallmonk said:
    yes but a few meters x 2mph x 9hrs driving the maths add up!
    as for the white van people think most of them think they are in "supervan" surounded by pannels that sheild then from other road users!

[/ QUOTE ]

I drive a milkfloat BLUE Fiat Ducato /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif van on some of the big jobs I do, 2.3 diesel....

What a crock of [censored]!

Why dont Audi make vans?
  12. neil.c

neil.c Senior

[Nov 21, 2004]
    The problem with lorries overtaking on dual carriageways such as the A14 for example is often caused by changes in terrain, the guy behind pulls out to overtake going down hill the gradient dissappears and so does his advantage.

I think the vehicle being overtaken ought to lift off to allow the manouver to be accomplished quicker but this never happens