High speed trolley....

mramage

Reaction score
... blown across the car park of said ned meeting Cardiff Tesco on Tuesday morning and bounced off the rear quarter of my car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Now got two wee trolley handle dings where the rear meets the C-pillar. Might get it fixed, but a little concerned it'll be made worse.

Still, the sun is shining and so's the car as it's had 3 coats of wax in the last 2 weeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Oh, and it's Friday!!!!!!!

D'OH!

I hate supermarket car parks.. i hate car parks in general cos of peoples complete disrespect of other peoples cars.
I always try and park next to the good cars, cos they might have more concern for damaging their car. But trolleys... must be those ones from the tesco adverts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich

Thats bad luck mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I hate car parks too. My gf hates it when I drive to the supermarket and park 1/2 mile from the store /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, the worst part, is when I get back to find some dim **** has decided to park next me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I was in the car at the time, messing with the stereo and just realised what was happening only briefly before it did... thump... Ooooh. Hence why I was in no mood for tailgating 330Ci drivers coming home that day /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

I have a theory on the folk parking next to the "individually" parked car. Reckon they think they stand more chance of you being careful and not hitting their car at all. Who knows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Smart trolley Rich. You never know, but I think they need re-targetting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

******. Thats not good mate.

I too hate supermarket car parks. If a trolley has been left near to where I've parked (windy or not) I move it to the trolley collection bay.

I also try and park in a remote bit of the carpark, away from other cars.

NEVER EVER park next to a car with a child seat in it. The amount of times I've seen women just fling open the passenger door, without a care in the world for the car next to it, in order to lean in and put the kid in the baby seat.
NEVER EVER park next to a people carriers, vans, big 4x4's, if you can avoid it.

Hope you get it sorted.

AL

Mark try dent wizard. They'll take a look and if they can fix it, it'll cost about £80. Did my bonnet and wing where native ran across it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've got their number somewhere.

[ QUOTE ]
AL B said:
NEVER EVER park next to a car with a child seat in it. The amount of times I've seen women just fling open the passenger door, without a care in the world for the car next to it, in order to lean in and put the kid in the baby seat.
NEVER EVER park next to a people carriers, vans, big 4x4's, if you can avoid it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Al,

that is so true /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

-- james

Try writing to the head office of the supermarket chain concerned. Claim things like they have a duty of care, health and safety, danger of trolleys flying about the place etc. etc.

Worth a try they may give you something as a 'goodwill' payment.

Writing in is not gonna do diddly squat if they have put up that stupid car park liability disclaimer notice!!

Interestingly tough notices are not recognised by law, it is a bit like the trespassers will be prosecuted notice!

The 'we don't take responsbility' style sign is an unfair contract erm as they cannot rid themselves of blame even though you even see terms like ' how every caused' they are still bound by english law, health and safety regs etc. etc.

So go get 'em

Well, I've sent an email off to Tesco. Don't know if it will start anything, but I can try to hassle them a bit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
NEVER EVER park next to a people carriers, vans, big 4x4's, if you can avoid it

[/ QUOTE ]

..... and try not to park next to 3 door cars either as with wider doors they require to be opened further to allow people in and out and usually involves thumping the car parked next to them! Car Parking etiquette in this country makes me sick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Buy a car specifically to go to Tesco's in that you don't care about any dings appearing.

E.G: My wife's Ford Ka!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif