1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

high pitched whinning from rear of car

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by ei2gfb, Aug 9, 2013.

1. ei2gfb

ei2gfb Member

[Aug 9, 2013]
    second day into ownership of my preowned audi a4 1.8t and i have an intermittant whinning from rear of car, from googling its either the fuel pump or filter, when i test drove it i never heard it but there was very little fuel in tank, i just brimmed tank and can now hear it, sometimes its there all the time but goes when i take my foot of accelerator and let it free run, other times i can be parked idling and it will come on for say 30secs then go no real pattern to it, can anyone shead any light on this, thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

[Aug 9, 2013]
    Could be a tired fuel pump. Try popping the rear seat base off and see if it gets louder........if so it is the fuel pump for sure.
  4. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

[Aug 9, 2013]
    ****ed intank pump
    or you left the missus in the boot !
  5. ei2gfb

ei2gfb Member

6. ei2gfb

ei2gfb Member

[Aug 9, 2013]
    just an update went for 40mile round spin gave car a good going over and noise now gone, going to change fuel filter as a precaution however, also my dipstick broke this morning so new dipstick and funnel ordered:sly: