1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

high pitched whinning from rear of car

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by ei2gfb, Aug 9, 2013.

1. ei2gfb

ei2gfb Member

second day into ownership of my preowned audi a4 1.8t and i have an intermittant whinning from rear of car, from googling its either the fuel pump or filter, when i test drove it i never heard it but there was very little fuel in tank, i just brimmed tank and can now hear it, sometimes its there all the time but goes when i take my foot of accelerator and let it free run, other times i can be parked idling and it will come on for say 30secs then go no real pattern to it, can anyone shead any light on this, thanks

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

Could be a tired fuel pump. Try popping the rear seat base off and see if it gets louder........if so it is the fuel pump for sure.

4. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep.
    Regional Rep VCDS Map User

****ed intank pump
    or you left the missus in the boot !

5. ei2gfb

ei2gfb Member

6. ei2gfb

ei2gfb Member

just an update went for 40mile round spin gave car a good going over and noise now gone, going to change fuel filter as a precaution however, also my dipstick broke this morning so new dipstick and funnel ordered:sly: