1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High pitch sqweal when turning right......... Possibly wheel bearing?

Dani_B19 Feb 18, 2013

1. Dani_B19

Dani_B19 Audi-sports own special child.

So guys driving home today with the tunes on and went around a roundabout then into a right turn and i could hear a sqwealing/screeching noise, and eveytime i turn right i now hear it, seems to be when above 15/20mph and coming from the rear.

Now my mate who mot's my car has flagged it as and advisory for the last 3 years, haha, i know bad me but its neve caused me any problems, made a nois etc so we both decided until it got worse to leave.

So do you think it could be this? If so wheres the best place to buy a kit from as eurocarparts dont stock rear kits and all the ones on ebay look ****.

2. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Power steering...? check fluid level...

<tuffty/>

3. Dani_B19

Ill check that on thursday when im off. Steerings fine though PT and thh the noise seems to be rear related.

4. Dani_B19

So checked the power steerig fluid and its a tad low but well above the min marker, ill top it up, whats the fluid we need and wheres best to buy it.

So i very much doubt its the power steering so im guessig its the rear wheel bearing?

5. Dani_B19

So any advice guys? Off tomorrow so want to have ago at it, also can i buy the fluid feom halfords?

6. Blackie_No1

Blackie_No1 New Member

Brake dust shield?

7. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

have you checked for a family of albanians living in your wheel arch? they could be using the petrol vapour from your charcoal canister vent to keep a fire going and keep them warm, and living off road deposits thrown up by your tyres. Every time you turn right you catch them with your wheel?

8. Dani_B19

Lmfao, board are we nick?

9. Vwdan80

Vwdan80 Member

maybe pads getting low? (had this sort of noise on some cars before even though brakes not being pressed) or the backing plate? hope this helps
    Dan

10. Dani_B19

Argh mate thibk you may be onto something, the rear drivers side brake pads are virtualy down to the backing pad, is booked in for them doing in 2 weeks time, fingers crossed.

11. Squirrelofdoom

Squirrelofdoom Member

power steering fluid-wise just make sure it's the green mineral oil stuff from Audi itself - dirt cheap though! Wheel bearing wise, I go my rear kit from Jason at allgermanparts I think it was called