High miles on a4????

Peterhendo

Reaction score
Hey guys i currently own a 08 audi a3 1.6 petrol iam looking at a 09 a4 2.0se it has covered 125,000 miles but it has full main dealer history and a cambelt change is this good the car is up for sale 8,000 pounds just dont want to buy it and things start to go wrong

Dpf might be due I think but as long as it has full service history and has been looked after there's no reason not to buy a car of this mileage for the right price. Not sure if 8k is good or not as I don't know the average price

If it's spent it's life on the motorway at 80mph doing most of the miles this doesn't really cause that much wear. If it's been tootling round like a taxi in town then that is completely different. There are plenty of stories of people on hear with low mileage cars having there engines rebuilt because of oil consumption issues or failed oil pumps.Buying a low mileage car doesn't guarantee reliability. Mileage is not the main issue it's how those miles were done.
Unfortunately you rarely get to talk to the previous owner to find that one out.
Buying used cars is a gamble the best you can do is make sure the price is right. And personally I wouldn't buy the car hoping that some warranty will cover any issues, as most of the time they aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Karl.

I have an A4 1.8T with 267,000 miles on it 95% of those miles are motor way miles and although it's not the same version it's a good example I think, my wife now uses it as Audi told me to keep it when I got my new A4 even though they gave me a part X value for it :)

Reactions: RS5 JON
I don't think mileage is an issue on modern cars.
A car with 30k miles is as likely to go wrong as a car with 130k.
The way it's driven is probably more of a factor but full service history is a must.

Hey guys i currently own a 08 audi a3 1.6 petrol iam looking at a 09 a4 2.0se it has covered 125,000 miles but it has full main dealer history and a cambelt change is this good the car is up for sale 8,000 pounds just dont want to buy it and things start to go wrong

I agree that mileage these days isn't really an issue, especialy on Audi's but for £8000 you may be able to pick up an s-line, what options does this SE have?

I have an A4 1.8T with 267,000 miles on it 95% of those miles are motor way miles and although it's not the same version it's a good example I think, my wife now uses it as Audi told me to keep it when I got my new A4 even though they gave me a part X value for it :)

That is surprising Adui gave you a part ex for it considering they VERY rarely accept any part ex audi over 50k...

I would say 8K is rather alot for an SE especially at 125K! On pistonheads etc there are A4 S-Lines with half that mileage going for the same or cheaper...

That is surprising Adui gave you a part ex for it considering they VERY rarely accept any part ex audi over 50k...

That is very odd then as they also took my wife's Vauxhall with 62k on it aswel ..... They must have been in a good mood :)