1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High mileage S4 B8

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by Star, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Star

Star New Member

[Aug 21, 2013]
    Hi all,

I sold my A3 2006 2.0TFSI Quattro last year when moving back to the UK and am now looking at options in the UK.

I will be doing minimal miles. London based so no using it in the week except for the odd run and weekend trips.

For that reason I am thinking S4 and that a high miler wont be an issue. I can either get a B7 with anywhere from 50 to 100k for decent money, or if I stretch, a B8 with 100k. I really want the B8 for the cabin, looks and new feel and because of limited use the high mileage should not be a huge issue for holding value relatively speaking.

At 100k and around £15-16k what should I be looking for or ensuring has been done assuming its been serviced by VAG?

Even the V6 is going to be a crazy upgrade for me as the biggest engine I have had is the A3 before so no issues with the exhaust note. I prefer the sound of a newer engine anyway.

Thanks for listening.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Star

Star New Member

[Aug 24, 2013]
    Any experiences or comments from anyone on the merits of buying a high mileage S4?

Cheers.
  4. rabhrab

rabhrab Member

[Aug 25, 2013]
    I bought my 2009 S4 Avant manual gearbox in January2012 with 79k on the clock. It now has 90k on it and has driven like a dream since day one. I travel to Central France in it three times a year, a round trip of 1700 miles each time and average 26 mpg each trip.
    Great car, I do not have a bad word to say about it.
    Hope this helps?
  5. dieseldoos

dieseldoos Active Member

[Aug 27, 2013]
    As long as it has full service history and has clearly been looked after, I would not let it put me off. I have always tended to buy on condition more than mileage.
    JG51 AUD likes this.
  6. JG51 AUD

JG51 AUD Active Member

[Aug 27, 2013]
    :iagree: usually if a car has been looked after inside and out, chances are the previous owner looked after the engine ect. aswell. :kissmyrings:
  7. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Member

[Sep 6, 2013]
    Agree with this very much, but maybe save up a bit more I've seen reasonably low mileage S4's for around the 18k mark.
  8. jerrygttdi

jerrygttdi Flat oot

[Sep 6, 2013]
    Hi there. I agree with the above comments, but the low price ones tend to be low spec interiors.
    I have just got a sprint blue avant with a pretty good spec, supersport seat's, black optics, b&o sound, privacy glass, manual box etc. Only wish it had sport dif.
    It had 78k when I got it, but there was no way you would have thought that it had anywhere near that mileage, to look at it. It also had a full audi service history. I cannot praise it highly enough, so far it has been an absolute pleasure to drive and I always find myself looking back and smiling as I walk up to the front door.
    I could go on forever about this car but I won't, so just go and get one :)
  9. jerrygttdi

jerrygttdi Flat oot

[Sep 6, 2013]
    Sorry I meant to add, I paid 19k for mine
  10. Johnny G

Johnny G Boost addicted

[Sep 6, 2013]
    I've just bought an S4 with 75k on it. It's absolutely immaculate, has been looked after, FASH on time everytime. I couldn't be happier in the first 24 hours. (Looking at the remap options now :D )
    ScottishS3 likes this.
  11. ScottishS3

ScottishS3 Well-Known Member

[Sep 7, 2013]
    Your S4 sounds mint! Get some pics up! :cool: