High mileage Audi

jonny87

Reaction score
saw this little snippet in the sun today whilst at work and it made me proud to own an audi :kissmyrings:

DSC00176.jpg

if the text isnt very clear in the picture:
motorist brian greenslade has clocked up 466000 miles in his 15 year old audi a6 quattro - equivalent to driving around the world eighteen times!
when the car reached 400000 miles, county councilor brian, 61, emailed audi to tell them, they replied "what did you expect? its an audi!!"
he said at home in marwood devon, "i wont get rid of the car untill its absolutley necessary, its extremley comfortable and always starts first time"

I think they are built just aswell its just that audi's cars are whey more powerfull now so alot more stress on parts etc and people drive harder and faster ... Plus i cant see a 46 year old raggin the bejesus out of it either so if you drove a new audi normal like he did then i think it will last just the same ...

It doesn't mention if she's a petrol or diesel sadly, I'd love to know!

Busy day today then Jonny? lol :)

yer i bet the car has never seen 70mph or more than 3.5k revs imo but still, almost half a million miles and still going strong, how many other cars could achieve this?

i was on my break actually welly, but as it happens, no i wasnt busy today, nor yesterday actually tell the truth i done a whole lotta sod all this week :lazy: haha

yer i bet the car has never seen 70mph or more than 3.5k revs imo but still, almost half a million miles and still going strong, how many other cars could achieve this?

i was on my break actually welly, but as it happens, no i wasnt busy today, nor yesterday actually tell the truth i done a whole lotta sod all this week :lazy: haha

Hey, I'm not judging you matey believe me....

I've spent most of my time at work this week on the phone sourcing parts, and doing research... And getting paid.:icon_thumright:

haha didnt mean it that way dude was messing ;)

ive been audited this week, o the joys lol

Nice find! If you search for A6 models on AutoTrader, you'll find a few cars that are over the 200,000 mile mark, and sometimes higher still.