1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High mileage 02/03 S4 - Good buy ??

sinbadfury Apr 4, 2007

1. sinbadfury

sinbadfury Member

Thinking of getting a 02/03 S4 as that is all budget could allow at present.

Just wondering if the 50-60k mileage is something to worry about. How do the engines hold up over high mileage? What should I look out for etc?

Would really love one of these, has been a favourite for ages, but don't wanna make a bad decision with lumps of cash.

Any help/comments appreciated, even if general on how your S4 ownership has gone etc....

2. J7USS

J7USS Shuddup Foooool!!

Id love to be able to afford an S4, One of my fav's too.....you B***ard. :icon_thumright:

Im sure plenty on here will help you out mate.

Keep us posted

3. LandSpeed

LandSpeed Member

i personally wouldnt call that high millage and it only works out at around 10,000 miles a year.

But did audi do a 2002 S4, i thought they were 2003 onwards.

4. sinbadfury

sinbadfury Member

Not sure about the 02, maybe a bit frivolous with dates.
    2nd hand B6 S4 :)

I have only ever had Audi diesels, which I know eat up the miles, just wasn't sure about a big petrol lump like the S4 has, as I would be doing about 15k myself a year and would have it while I'd guess...

Barring full service history details, and possible track use, any major problems that have went wrong with them that I need to watch for?