1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

High level brake light

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by J0N35Y, Jan 6, 2013.

1. J0N35Y

J0N35Y Member

Hey guys, I've noticed that half the high level brake light has stopped working on my car. Is it a sealed unit or are there bulbs that can be replaced??
    Cheers

#1 J0N35Y, Jan 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. J0N35Y

J0N35Y Member

And also, I feel a bit embarrassed to ask this but how the hell do you get the brake light out??

4. lukey baby

lukey baby Member

They are LEDs in a sealed units.

If it is a saloon then i believe you disconnect the wiring and use a screwdriver to release the retaining clips and then remove the light.

If it is an avant then you've got to remove the tail gate trim, put a screwdriver in the wiring hole in the tailgate and slide the retaining rail to the right and then remove the light starting at the right side.

5. J0N35Y

J0N35Y Member

Thank you so much. I have trawled various forums and nobody ever seemed to answer the question. It's an avant so I will have to have a look. Is there no way to get into the light at all? Was thinking of soldering new led's or trying to clean up the connections inside seen as its intermittant.

6. lukey baby

lukey baby Member

Not that i know but you may find that the time it takes it maybe worth just buying a new one